New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2005, 03:08 AM
Find More Posts by deecee
depron_dad

Ikarus 3D power set any good? for a beginner.

Masters of 3D, I have a question, not having a brushless ESC, me and my son also want to build a 3D foamy now (after learning on an easystar and progressing to an IKARUS SU-27 XXL, 2 already!), Is this power set a good cheap start? has anyone tried it yet? I will build the foam stuff myself, but only have direct drive power plants now.

I'd built something and trim it for go-around flight first and progress from there.

We have a fairly light receiver at 15gr, one of 25gram, a 10 and 18 AMP lipo ESC and at the moment I mainly use NARO std's of 9gram each.

One 3s1p at 110 gram is the power source (apart from an array of nicad combinations for the easystar).

We have 2 xmitters, one 6ch and one 3ch with mixing that works nicely for the my son as it is a very easy xmitter.

Ikarus 3D power set

Any ideas on this setup? Experience?

DeeCee.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2005, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by blucor basher
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
It appears to function adequately, and has the advantage of fitting together according to the written instrctions. However, it appears to simply be a brushed Mabuchi motor, and as such, is essentially the same as a GWS EPS 300 power system. A bit of ingenuity can have the GWS system onboard for less money and with cheaper spare parts.

I flew my Superstar shockflyer on the GWS system very successfuly (a C gear ratio and 10.47 prop on 3S lipolys). However, the performance difference between that system and a brushless is large, mainly due to the weight of the brushed system.

Best of luck!
Old May 15, 2005, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by deecee
depron_dad

Good info!

Will explore that option, thanks!

Have just aquired a 3s1p 850mA lipo at 60 grams (including connector) so weight wise we lost a potential 60 grams there already, should be a better light foamy plane battery.

DeeCee.