This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 12, 2020, 08:43 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Bringing back a Park Zone SR-10 Stinson Reliant back from the Ashes!

Bringing back a Park Zone SR-10 Stinson Reliant back from the Ashes! LOL!

The following model was left at the FREE TABLE a few weeks ago at my RC Club and I just could not pass it by.

I Love this part of the hobby!

For me it is a healthy challenge to go out and fix or find a long discontinued model (like the SR-10) and bring it back to Flight Ready condition.

I can tell you with certainty that I looked and looked but, there are ZERO parts (useful parts) around anymore. If you intend to keep anything that has been discontinued for several years and like the model, you best switch hats and get into the mind set of a hobbyist and create your own parts, such as in this case and that of my GWS pico Tiger Moth and other models.

Cut to the Chase, here is my Video showing the most demanding area was to devise a way to get those Flaps working. The Flap Hardware was installed but, the Foam Flaps had NOT been cut for functionality and there was no evidence that the model flew previously with flaps. In order to make Flaps functional you had to figure out how to connect to the servo without any possibility of finding any parts whatsoever.

My ready for Maiden Flight (on my watch) is as follows:

1. Used Park Zone 480 brushless.
2. Used EFlite 30-AMP ESC ( I attempted a new one but, that was a nightmare as it came defective right out of the package!)
3. New Park Zone Servos all around ( PKZ1081 - Long Lead for Aileron & PKZ1060 Short Leads for Elevator and Rudder).
4. Master Airscrew wooden 10 X 8 propeller (Glow).
5. Spektrum AR8000 + SAT.
6. Spektrum (First GEN) DX7 - Special Edition (11ms Frame Rate) - JR Case.
7. Floureon 3-Cell, 1800mAH, 30C & GEN ACES 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 35C Lithium Polymers.
8. Flight Ready Weight (using the 3-Cell, 1800mAH) was 2lbs - 7 3/8 oz.
10. Flap push rod hardware was made custom.
11. Flap servo - Hitec HS-81

This model has been discontinued for several years now and I truly believe that I will be the only one at my RC Club Field with a very rare and unique RC Airplane!

Okay, without delay his is my Video (Contains Still Pictures):

Free Table Find Park Zone SR 10 Stinson Reliant 09 12 2020 (7 min 31 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2020, 12:48 AM
DFS#000178
I just recently got one of these off of John (Justwingit) that used to belong to Jason M and it's such a great flyer I figured with that sharply-tapered wing it'd be interesting when it got slow but I was pleasantly surprised.

The tape on the H-stab is something I'm dealing with as I type this actually. One of my cats knocked the plane over just a little while ago and pushed the h-stab off-center in the slot I'm going to epoxy it in.
Sep 19, 2020, 01:56 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I just recently got one of these off of John (Justwingit) that used to belong to Jason M and it's such a great flyer I figured with that sharply-tapered wing it'd be interesting when it got slow but I was pleasantly surprised.

The tape on the H-stab is something I'm dealing with as I type this actually. One of my cats knocked the plane over just a little while ago and pushed the h-stab off-center in the slot I'm going to epoxy it in.
Hello!

Did you see what I did for Wash-Out?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Wing-Tip-Curve

Quick Reply