Jan 09, 2021, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
And after the top surface has been sanded to shape. The ailerons are done now so that's one less task. In fact this photo journal stalled a bit because I have spent the last week frustrated as heck trying to make acceptable schemp style spoilers ...arghhh!!!!
Even though on the LS 4 the only extend above the top surface of the wing, I a, just failing to engineer something that stays absolutely parallel, simple and elegant, light yet stiff enough to handle what I think would be potentially some quite large air pressure when extended. My previous attempt where light but waaaay to flimsy. I am considering drawing the parts in CAD and getting them laser cut from aluminium. Or, I may just give up and order a set....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2021, 12:11 AM
Old guy who plays with toys
Try to find some light weight aluminum C channel and build the spoiler caps out of that......Ive done it a bunch of times.
Jan 10, 2021, 10:26 AM
Pure soaring - no motor
Airbrakes: check pictures of the "mpx stoerklappe" to get some Inspiration.
Jan 22, 2021, 04:07 AM
Thread OP
Hi all
sorry for the lack of updates, but I have been slowly chipping away at this project. I have drawn up some parts to be cut in aluminium for the spoiliers-they are with the laser cutters now. I have also got the forward fuselage to a point where i am happy with the shape- heaps of polyester bodyfiller till it was acceptable, but since this is all in the front of the fuselage it doesn't bother me.

As you can see, I have also made a start on the canopy plug. This was carved from eps foam and then fibreglassed. The shape is very rough at the moment but I am going to use this a plug to cast another plug which will be the real plug
Jan 22, 2021, 04:10 AM
Thread OP
Also fixed the problem with the elevator attachment- I can't remember who suggested this on the thread but it worked perfectly! I cut a slot for a block of balsa which I glued in (vertical grain) , sanded flush and then countersunk the hole for the bolt.
Jan 22, 2021, 05:11 AM
KISS_KeepItSimpleStupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Barry
Also fixed the problem with the elevator attachment- I can't remember who suggested this on the thread but it worked perfectly! I cut a slot for a block of balsa which I glued in (vertical grain) , sanded flush and then countersunk the hole for the bolt.
Nice, simple is always best.

Good job so far, keep up the pace
Regards
Phillip C

Quick Reply