Sep 11, 2020, 01:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What Brand would you like to see for a RC motorcycle?

Hi All,

So, what brand would you like to see for an RC motorcycle?

Over the years there have been quite a few brands offered in the toy level of RC motorcycles.

Many of the hobby level have been generic styled bodies...

Anyway, let me know what brand you'd like to see: Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ducati, Aprilia, Yamaha... There are so many whether it's a street bike or racebike or genre; Street, Dirt, Offroad, Motocross, Racing, etc...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2020, 08:32 PM
I've been a car/truck guy for a long while now, and since January have been into airplanes. Bikes never really crossed my mind....but....

If any hobby grade company decided to make a 1:8 scale version of GhostRider's Hell Cycle, I'd be in the motorcycle world in a heartbeat!

NItro, electric, would make no difference
Sep 18, 2020, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Hmm...? So 177 views and only one response? Curious, does that mean whatever RC moto is made whether or not it looks like one of the ful size bikes is acceptable..? Okay, I know some just don't care too. No worries, Just asking
Sep 24, 2020, 03:10 PM
bring back venom mm450!!!
Oct 10, 2020, 04:10 PM
I own several RC bikes myself. I have the Arx 540 clone, X-rider BX4003. Its a 1/4 bike. And I also have the X-rider Mars. Its a 1/8 scale bike. Plus, I own a vintage Thunther Tiger 1/5 scale electric. I've always been into RC bikes, but apparently not too m many other people are. I would love to see more companies come out with larger, 1/4, or perhaps even, 1/3 scale electric bikes. I can't deal with the nitro versions. Too noisy, and complicated, at least for me. I like the motocross versions, but I also like the onroad versions.
Oct 24, 2020, 10:12 AM
I got my first taste or RC Motorcycles back in 1990s when I bought my first Kyosho HOR at Hamura Hobbies in Japan. I have raced them in Japan and China. I love both 1/8th scale and 1/5th scale. Sadly not too many people even know this type of RC even exist or if they do, they refer to something they saw at Walmart or Target(not quite the same). I love my bikes and will continue to use them. I only wish there were others who I could share my enthusiasm with....
Oct 24, 2020, 10:40 AM
Sorry, accidentally posted without answering question. 1980s / 1990s Super bikes have always caught my eye. It would be nice if there was more choices of RC bodies available besides the Honda/Suzuki for the HOR or the Ducati for the Nouva Faor. I always liked the Yamaha 750 Genesis or the Honda Fire blade 750RR. My first motorcycle was a 1989 Kawasaki ZXR750(Full Size-real motorcycle) I purchased in Gotenba Japan. Since these bodies don't exist, I am 3D modeling and printing out "Buck" that I will Vacuform Poly carbonate over. not sure how well it will go but will be interesting to see the result. I know people do this for RC Cars all the time so I figure to try it out for my motorcycles.....
Oct 27, 2020, 04:16 AM
Was there really a Honda FireBlade 750RR??
Have a ´84 Honda CBX 750 engine in my ´78 Seeley frame.
As for little bike bodies I just use what is available.
They tend to break in a few crashes time!!
Gnilre.
Oct 31, 2020, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big papa pump
I own several RC bikes myself. I have the Arx 540 clone, X-rider BX4003. Its a 1/4 bike. And I also have the X-rider Mars. Its a 1/8 scale bike. Plus, I own a vintage Thunther Tiger 1/5 scale electric. I've always been into RC bikes, but apparently not too m many other people are. I would love to see more companies come out with larger, 1/4, or perhaps even, 1/3 scale electric bikes. I can't deal with the nitro versions. Too noisy, and complicated, at least for me. I like the motocross versions, but I also like the onroad versions.
Some very good points you make. the 1/8th scale are too small from a distance. The RC bike formula needs to be at the least 1/5th scale it is more exciting to watch and acts more similar to the full scale. It would be interesting to see a 1/4 or 1/3 scale rc bike!? Maybe just big enough to run on Kart tracks hun?
Oct 31, 2020, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokayama
I got my first taste or RC Motorcycles back in the 1990s when I bought my first Kyosho HOR at Hamura Hobbies in Japan. I have raced them in Japan and China. I love both the 1/8th scale and 1/5th scale. Sadly not too many people even know this type of RC even exist or if they do, they refer to something they saw at Walmart or Target(not quite the same). I love my bikes and will continue to use them. I only wish there were others who I could share my enthusiasm with....
Very good observations. The problem has been poor marketing and closer identification with the full-scale motorcycle industry and culture... Also, most hobbyists don't know that the RC motorcycles even work, they don't know how it even works or stays upright for that matter...
Oct 31, 2020, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Sorry, accidentally posted without answering question. 1980s / 1990s Super bikes have always caught my eye. It would be nice if there was more choices of RC bodies available besides the Honda/Suzuki for the HOR or the Ducati for the Nouva Faor. I always liked the Yamaha 750 Genesis or the Honda Fire blade 750RR. My first motorcycle was a 1989 Kawasaki ZXR750(Full Size-real motorcycle) I purchased in Gotenba Japan. Since these bodies don't exist, I am 3D modeling and printing out "Buck" that I will Vacuform Poly carbonate over. not sure how well it will go but will be interesting to see the result. I know people do this for RC Cars all the time so I figure to try it out for my motorcycles.....
Great!, yes all the bikes you mention would be great to reproduce! I look forward to seeing your bodies you make! I'm sure they will turn out great!!
Oct 31, 2020, 09:13 PM
If I wasn't so computer illiterate, I would post some picture of the new body I am actually working on right now (my 1st computer what a Apple 2E-yikes) But it is for my 1/5 Scale custom build.
If it looks good, I will scale it down for my HOR carbon fiber custom mono fork.
Nov 02, 2020, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnilre
Was there really a Honda FireBlade 750RR??
Have a ´84 Honda CBX 750 engine in my ´78 Seeley frame.
As for little bike bodies I just use what is available.
They tend to break in a few crashes time!!
Gnilre.
Not sure if the FireBlade 750RR made it to America or not but they were pretty popular in Japan.
Actually now come to think about it, there were quite a lot of Bikes I saw in Japan that I haven,t seen in America.
I guess its all demographics......
Nov 13, 2020, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZIMOTO
Some very good points you make. the 1/8th scale are too small from a distance. The RC bike formula needs to be at the least 1/5th scale it is more exciting to watch and acts more similar to the full scale. It would be interesting to see a 1/4 or 1/3 scale rc bike!? Maybe just big enough to run on Kart tracks hun?
Find yourself a DWA Commando and have some fun.
Nov 18, 2020, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi

Hi here's a 3D Aprilia Mille...

Quick Reply