Sep 11, 2020, 08:03 AM
Rotorhead
Thread OP
Discussion

Resistance in all 4 motors

Hi!

I crashed my quad yesterday, all is working exept when i give throttle, all the motors turns very slow, like their braking, and i belive they only do about 30-40% of thrust with full throttle. And when the motors are not spinning i can truly feel the resistance with my hand and they wont spin freely at all if i just try to spin the propellers with my fingers.

So with no battery power, of course no resistance. With battery connected - no resistance. When i arm the quad without spin - no resistance. When i give throttle and idle down again it is resistance all the way until i unplug the battery.

All help and tips would be most appreciated.

Sorry for bad english.

Cheers,

André.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2020, 02:44 PM
Check the screw at bottom.. maybe too tight.
Check if spinning freely.. could be rubbing. Very unlikely to happen to all.. thats more likely ESC issue.
Oct 22, 2020, 04:46 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andytheman72
When I give throttle and idle down again it is resistance all the way until I unplug the battery.
Hi André,

Did you notice the resistance too before the crash?
Reason I ask, is I have something similar with my tri; when I'm done flying and (notice the difference to what you describe) unplug the battery, the motors still have magnetic resistance and don't spin freely.
It takes a while before this goes away. Does not affect the flying performance.

Do you notice any difference in flying characteristics, compared to before the crash?

Regards, Jan.
Oct 23, 2020, 05:20 PM
Your problem could be not enough demag or grounding issue. Try changing blheli timing and demag.

If a FET is broken/ shorted, motor will still spin, but get hot and have less power.

If winding is shorted you wiukd smell emanel burning in 2 sec.

Only other thing I can think of is the bearing.
My BH1504.5. Probably. Quad flies fine. Cant spin prop freely, but thats regardless if powered. ( not same as your case)

Quick Reply