Sep 16, 2020, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31
Both are good trainers but the AeroScout handles wind better than an Apprentice.
thank you, sounds like aeroscout is the one for me. it's almost always windy around here!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2020, 02:28 PM
Rabid Rabbit
My grandson maidened the mini Aeroscout today. It does not have SAFE and could not fly a stable pattern in a light breeze. The big one flies beautifully in most situations. This one will strictly be an indoor flyer
Sep 19, 2020, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
My grandson maidened the mini Aeroscout today. It does not have SAFE and could not fly a stable pattern in a light breeze. The big one flies beautifully in most situations. This one will strictly be an indoor flyer
no safe? even the sport cub has that. is it a spectrum tx?
Sep 19, 2020, 04:51 PM
Rabid Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
no safe? even the sport cub has that. is it a spectrum tx?
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../HBZRMLP4.html

Doesn’t look like any other Spektrum controller. High rates are achieved by pressing down on right stick. According to Horizon site “ It's not compatible with Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 transmitters.”
Last edited by PookaHat; Sep 19, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
Sep 19, 2020, 06:26 PM
Quote:

Doesn’t look like any other Spektrum controller. High rates are achieved by pressing down on right stick. According to Horizon site “ It's not compatible with Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 transmitters.”
that looks like my sport cub s2 controller. i'll grab it and double check.

btw, horizon advised not to use it due to range issues.
Sep 21, 2020, 12:35 PM
Quote:

i was wrong. the tx with the sport cub s2 looks the same shape, but has a taller antenna, says spectrum at the top, doesn't say hobbyzone, and is model mlp6dsm. and it is 4 channel with panic button and 3 mode switch
Sep 22, 2020, 11:32 AM
Perpetual Noob
The LP in the model name on the transmitter means Low Power. It's a 6 channel radio but the effective range is 150 meters maximum.
Sep 22, 2020, 01:22 PM
that sounds similar to mine, horizon advised me not to use it. it isn't that difficult to let it get 300 feet away, then a gust of wind puts you out of range
Sep 22, 2020, 01:35 PM
Rabid Rabbit
The brick in the mini cannot be bound to a Spektrum radio.
Sep 22, 2020, 01:38 PM
that's bad, you can with the sport cub (i'll find out)
Oct 06, 2020, 10:57 AM
Id like to add that putting about 1/4oz of nose weight on this plane with the 800mah battery improves it ten fold
Oct 06, 2020, 06:40 PM
Rabid Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigPancake
Id like to add that putting about 1/4oz of nose weight on this plane with the 800mah battery improves it ten fold
Yes, I taped a quarter to the battery today and was able to fly it. With the quarter taped on, I think the value of the plane doubled. It still is not worth $99. There are a lot of UMX planes in the same price range.
Oct 06, 2020, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Yes, I taped a quarter to the battery today and was able to fly it. With the quarter taped on, I think the value of the plane doubled. It still is not worth $99. There are a lot of UMX planes in the same price range.
Yeah, I feel the brick from the WLToys 959 might make a world of improvement on this bird and the ability to run 2s. But as of now it flies great with the weight added and the battery just a smidge forward. Itíll fly 2/3 throttle in no wind and just puts around. It does have the tendency to tipstall if you try to get aggressive.

I mainly got this plane as the Aeroscout was my first plane, and the thought of having a tiny one was just too cute. Itís nice to fly on a calm day but my UmX pt17 flies circles around this thing.

Quick Reply