Sep 14, 2020, 09:12 AM
Dash till Puff
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
(taking open source code and closing it)
and you think M$ paid Million$ for Github just for fun ?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2020, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Think about ETHOS as a blank sheet of paper started more than a year ago. Then graphics for the proposed screens in flow chart like diagrams. Then lots of discussions, revisions and more thinking and revisions. Once the graphic flow charts look good them simulate on a sim. More review, more thinking, modifications. Eventually the final coding starts.

Mike
Of course if it's being done with a decent MBSE toolset the code generation is automatic, so you go straight from the white-box model phase into testing. This makes multi-platform support much simpler.

PDR
Sep 14, 2020, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Think about ETHOS as a blank sheet of paper started more than a year ago. Then graphics for the proposed screens in flow chart like diagrams. Then lots of discussions, revisions and more thinking and revisions. Once the graphic flow charts look good them simulate on a sim. More review, more thinking, modifications. Eventually the final coding starts.

Mike
sounds similar to the powerbox core
Sep 14, 2020, 10:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
I found it interesting the powerbox core was released to the market before all its features were complete. And the users did not seem to mind.

Mike
Sep 14, 2020, 04:16 PM
Dash till Puff
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
one of the most expensive radio's on the market "core" is stilll getting upgrades as they build the OS after release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
Frsky copied Jeti and now they want to emulate the performance of the ''core'' for a fraction of its price
Sep 14, 2020, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Who said anything about IP or owning anything?

Since I’m quoted, all I said was based on reading how similar Ethos is to open tx, that I hope there isn’t any lines of open source code in Ethos as I believe that’s naughty naughty and not allowed (taking open source code and closing it) and Frsky doesn’t want to be upsetting anymore of its customers.

Back to feverishly speculating over a product not yet released yet.
I did. And I didn't and wasn't quoting you.

But since you raise it, as far as I'm concerned and as I wrote, it's not the source code that's important.
Sep 14, 2020, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
Frsky copied Jeti and now they want to emulate the performance of the ''core'' for a fraction of its price
Even if that's true it's a moot point since Jeti nicked it from Multiplex in the first place...

PDR
Sep 14, 2020, 08:08 PM
Rick
Pretty much everything in this hobby is based on ideas that have been around quite a while, often decades. "New" and "original" features are just variants, combinations, and evolutions of ideas that came before. After all, they are all designed to accomplish the same basic functions. Cars have four wheels for good reason and transmitters have two sticks for good reason. Accusing someone of copying someone else is rather pointless in this environment where everything is based on something earlier. The main point is; did they do it better, or in some way advance the hobby? Truly revolutionary ideas are rare, and even most of those are just applying newly available technology.
Sep 14, 2020, 08:26 PM
Dash till Puff
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
Accusing someone of copying someone else is rather pointless in this environment where everything is based on something earlier.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...06517105_n.jpg
Sep 15, 2020, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter D Rieden
Even if that's true it's a moot point since Jeti nicked it from Multiplex in the first place...

PDR
i bet it was all nicked from apple ?? can't believe their lawyers aren't on to it already.
Sep 15, 2020, 02:11 AM
Microsoft and Apple picked from Xerox

all the same
Sep 15, 2020, 06:28 AM
I suspect they may not be the original either - Xerox always was a good copier...*

PDR

* yes, I know they very much DID originate it at PARC, but never let the facts get in the way of a decent joke!
Sep 15, 2020, 07:23 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
Really??? But you are aware that PB Core not only has a graphical user interface but also has absolutely outstanding technical data. It uses RF redundancy by two 2.4 GHz RF units and can bind and handle up to four receivers with full simultaneous telemetry transmission each. Its Rx (with also two complete redundant RF units) are claimed to have signal range of more than 9 km, and the telemetry of the Core can simultaneously handle up to 250 sensors with up to 32 specific sensordata each with a telemetry transmission rate of up to 800 16-bit-data per second. Still a long way to go for FrSky for catching up.
Sep 15, 2020, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
Aero Panda has them on sale for $2,490.00. and only two left in stock. Very excellent system, but at the price I could only have one and with FrSky I can have many. Plus I like having one or more new radio designs every year

FrSky ACCESS is a good improvement for multi receivers, but telemetry only from one receiver at a time for a given RF link.

Mike
Sep 15, 2020, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Plus I like having one or more new radio designs every year

Mike
I've noticed that about you. I have no idea how you keep up with the tsunami of new products.

Quick Reply