Sep 19, 2020, 09:53 AM
Neck strap is a matter of taste. I like to have one to steady the transmitter a bit and ensure I don't drop it while hand launching.

Actually, I think the one I've been using was originally meant as a strap for a company badge or keys or something....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2020, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime
Neck strap is a matter of taste. I like to have one to steady the transmitter a bit and ensure I don't drop it while hand launching.

Actually, I think the one I've been using was originally meant as a strap for a company badge or keys or something....
thanks, i have one of those! i'll try it first.
Sep 19, 2020, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
The first cut is the deepest
Sep 19, 2020, 03:34 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
The first cut is the deepest
Off to a good start !
Sep 19, 2020, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
corners are very slightly bunged from shipment, does that matter?
Last edited by bisco; Sep 19, 2020 at 06:23 PM.
Sep 19, 2020, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
dihedral is vague if the wings were upside down, how many inches from the surface to the joint?

how to glue the wings, they don't meet in a flush fit. bead of glue down the top of the joint?
Last edited by bisco; Sep 19, 2020 at 06:24 PM.
Sep 19, 2020, 05:07 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:

corners are very slightly bunnged from shipment, does that matter?

dihedral is vague if the wings were upside down, how many inches from the surface to the joint?

how to gkle the wings, they don't meet in a flush fit. bead of glue down the top of the joint?
You are building a disposable plane , the chances are it's going to get a lot more bungged !

Dihedral angle doesn't have to be exact , just copy what you see in the photo below as best you can .
Sep 19, 2020, 05:13 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
how to gkle the wings, they don't meet in a flush fit. bead of glue down the top of the joint?
Yes , you can put a couple of pieces of masking tape on the top , then stand the wings up on the tail end with some dihedral angle . Then run a bead of glue down the "V" gap on the bottom side .

The goal is "flyable" , not "perfection" . Any mistakes made are lessons learned .
Sep 19, 2020, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
will do!
Sep 19, 2020, 06:51 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
will do!
Keep posting pictures , I'd love to see your progress !
Sep 19, 2020, 06:58 PM
Thread OP
it's going to be slow for now, too nice out to be in the basement
Sep 20, 2020, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
Second cut, I donít see a picture of the fuselage attachment to the wings?
Sep 20, 2020, 07:01 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Second cut, I donít see a picture of the fuselage attachment to the wings?
Are the wings glued together with dihedral ? If so , turn the wings over ( upside down ) on a table ..... then glue the fuselage to the wings so the fuselage is as close to 90ļ to the table ( straight up ) as possible . It's OK to eyeball it . After the glue has set , glue some strips of foam board where the fuselage and wings are joined ..... like a fillet weld . That will strengthen the joint between the wings and fuselage .
Sep 20, 2020, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Are the wings glued together with dihedral ? If so , turn the wings over ( upside down ) on a table ..... then glue the fuselage to the wings so the fuselage is as close to 90ļ to the table ( straight up ) as possible . It's OK to eyeball it . After the glue has set , glue some strips of foam board where the fuselage and wings are joined ..... like a fillet weld . That will strengthen the joint between the wings and fuselage .
nothing glued yet. should i do the wings first?
Sep 20, 2020, 07:34 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
nothing glued yet. should i do the wings first?
Yes sir .

Quick Reply