Thread Tools
Sep 17, 2020, 03:29 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
thank you!
i wanted an aeroscout, but they have moved the shipment from september to october. oh well, i can at least use the tx for the sim this winter. appreciate the links!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2020, 06:43 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
thank you!
i wanted an aeroscout, but they have moved the shipment from september to october. oh well, i can at least use the tx for the sim this winter. appreciate the links!
The BNF AeroScout is available right now :
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...BoC7ccQAvD_BwE

In My Opinion : you'll be happier in the long run if you get a Spektrum computer radio ( DX6e and above ) , instead of the DXS radio that comes with the RTF AeroScout .
Sep 17, 2020, 07:58 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
The BNF AeroScout is available right now :
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...BoC7ccQAvD_BwE

In My Opinion : you'll be happier in the long run if you get a Spektrum computer radio ( DX6e and above ) , instead of the DXS radio that comes with the RTF AeroScout .
hmm, that's a $200. investment, plus another 50 for battery and charger. $400. vs $200. i will have to do more research, and wallet search
Sep 17, 2020, 08:24 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
hmm, that's a $200. investment, plus another 50 for battery and charger. $400. vs $200. i will have to do more research, and wallet search
I recommend :
1) starting with a computer transmitter ( DX6e or above ) .
2) building/flying cheap foam home made planes and practicing with a sim this winter .
3) get a BNF AeroScout in the spring .

If you plan on having/flying multiple airplanes in the future , it will be much easier with a computer transmitter that has built-in model memory .... than a non-computer DXS that does not have built-in model memory .
Sep 17, 2020, 10:35 PM
Registered User
perttime's Avatar
Models come and go - but a good transmitter is a long term thing that you can use for many years, and with many models.
Sep 18, 2020, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
I recommend :
1) starting with a computer transmitter ( DX6e or above ) .
2) building/flying cheap foam home made planes and practicing with a sim this winter .
3) get a BNF AeroScout in the spring .

If you plan on having/flying multiple airplanes in the future , it will be much easier with a computer transmitter that has built-in model memory .... than a non-computer DXS that does not have built-in model memory .
this seems like a good plan. if i buy the spectrum tx, should i hold off on the receiver you mentioned above for the foamies?
Sep 18, 2020, 10:32 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
I recommend :
1) starting with a computer transmitter ( DX6e or above ) .
2) building/flying cheap foam home made planes and practicing with a sim this winter .
3) get a BNF AeroScout in the spring .

If you plan on having/flying multiple airplanes in the future , it will be much easier with a computer transmitter that has built-in model memory .... than a non-computer DXS that does not have built-in model memory .
amazon has the dx6e for $170. right now, should i jump on it? or with ar620 rx for $200.

what is the dx6 for $225?
Sep 18, 2020, 10:56 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
My first glue gun repair
Sep 18, 2020, 11:33 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Ready for surgery
Sep 18, 2020, 02:30 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
this seems like a good plan. if i buy the spectrum tx, should i hold off on the receiver you mentioned above for the foamies?

amazon has the dx6e for $170. right now, should i jump on it? or with ar620 rx for $200.

what is the dx6 for $225?
If you buy a Spektrum transmitter you'll need a compatible DSMX receiver . If you order DSMX receivers from Lemon RX you may as well get several since they are inexpensive : https://lemon-rx.com/index.php?route...rice&order=ASC

Is that Amazon DX6e brand new and is that with free shipping ? I've never seen it for less than $199 , and if you order direct from Horizon Hobby they have free shipping . https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPMR6655.html

The DX6 has voice alerts , the DX6e does not . There may be some other differences .
Sep 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
Ready for surgery
Proceed , Doctor Bisco !
Sep 18, 2020, 07:11 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
If you buy a Spektrum transmitter you'll need a compatible DSMX receiver . If you order DSMX receivers from Lemon RX you may as well get several since they are inexpensive : https://lemon-rx.com/index.php?route...rice&order=ASC

Is that Amazon DX6e brand new and is that with free shipping ? I've never seen it for less than $199 , and if you order direct from Horizon Hobby they have free shipping . https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPMR6655.html

The DX6 has voice alerts , the DX6e does not . There may be some other differences .
yes, $170. with free shipping. i was shocked, prolly won't be there when i go back.

funny, i asked the gentleman from horizon. he said it didn't matter where i purchased it. he then went from recommending the $100. dxs smpr 1010 tx to recommending the dx6, when i said i was thinking of buying the dx6e.
Sep 18, 2020, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
If you buy a Spektrum transmitter you'll need a compatible DSMX receiver . If you order DSMX receivers from Lemon RX you may as well get several since they are inexpensive : https://lemon-rx.com/index.php?route...rice&order=ASC

Is that Amazon DX6e brand new and is that with free shipping ? I've never seen it for less than $199 , and if you order direct from Horizon Hobby they have free shipping . https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPMR6655.html

The DX6 has voice alerts , the DX6e does not . There may be some other differences .
the $170. is gone, as i suspected, or maybe i never saw it.

will the esc and servos you recommended work with spectrum tx and lemon rx?
Last edited by bisco; Sep 20, 2020 at 08:59 PM.
Sep 18, 2020, 08:03 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
the $170. is gone, as i suspected, or maybe i never saw it.

will the esc and servos you recommended work with spectrum tx and lemon rx?
Yes , most commonly available ESCs and servos will work with Spektrum/LemonRX . If you want to get one DSMX receiver quickly ( without waiting for the LemonRX shipping from China ) , you can get it at Value Hobby also : http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...ompatible.html
Sep 19, 2020, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
thank you!

i'm going to order the electronics today, and i think i'll get the dx6. he said it is more comfortable, and only $26. more.

should i get a neck strap?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article What Are You Building this Winter? Jason Cole Electric Plane Talk 399 Oct 20, 2020 02:05 PM
Question What Are You Building This Winter? mdickey Sailplane Talk 160 Jun 10, 2020 08:05 PM
Help! newbie wants to build a lightweight quad, parts help thesculptor Beginner Multirotor Drones 16 Jul 20, 2018 04:17 PM
Build Log This winter's build: the Sig Four Star 40 ralphnumbers Balsa Builders 17 Nov 16, 2016 09:43 PM
Discussion Newbie wants to build Slow Easy Foamie MSE63 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 17 May 18, 2008 08:41 AM