Sep 28, 2020, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOEY
Tiny brushed motor and gearbox ... one bad landing/nose over = bent shaft and destroyed gearbox.
The only place I would fly this is on a field with long soft grass and absolute no wind.

I started electric flying with a brushed motor and gearbox after a few flights 4-5 ... modified
to brushless motor and never looked back. Tried some small helis too with brushed motors
nothing but trouble.
thanks, will do!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2020, 04:32 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
will do, thanks.

what is safe/as3x exactly? i cannot find an explanation. and in another thread they mention an as3x rx vs a different spectrum rx without safe or something?

i am going to have to wait for the tx, because the airplane manual doesn't give set up instructions for bnf, unless you're using the rtf tx.
SAFE is self-leveling and pitch/bank limits , controlled by an accelerometer .

AS3X is gyros that compensate for wind gusts and turbulence . Some planes have AS3X but not SAFE , such as the UMX Radian . I'm 99.9% sure all planes with SAFE also have AS3X .
Sep 28, 2020, 04:39 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:

i am going to have to wait for the tx, because the airplane manual doesn't give set up instructions for bnf, unless you're using the rtf tx.
The BNF set up for a computer transmitter is on page 6 of the manual .
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Sep 28, 2020 at 07:13 PM.
Sep 28, 2020, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
not my manual, page 6 is the rtf dxe tx.

wait, you mean the dx6 manual?

thanksfor the pic, i'll use it when the tx comes.
Sep 28, 2020, 08:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
SAFE is self-leveling and pitch/bank limits , controlled by an accelerometer .

AS3X is gyros that compensate for wind gusts and turbulence . Some planes have AS3X but not SAFE , such as the UMX Radian . I'm 99.9% sure all planes with SAFE also have AS3X .
so which ones come into play with the 3 flying modes?
Sep 28, 2020, 08:36 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
not my manual, page 6 is the rtf dxe tx.

wait, you mean the dx6 manual?

thanksfor the pic, i'll use it when the tx comes.
When you get an aircraft with SAFE/AS3X and are going to use a Spektrum computer transmitter , the set up instructions for SAFE/AS3X are in the aircraft manual . Almost all manuals are available PDF for download . Here is the PDF manual for the Sport Cub S :
https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dema...-Manual-EN.pdf the set up for your DX6 is on page 6 .
Sep 28, 2020, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
okay, i'll look again. i didn't see it yesterday
Sep 28, 2020, 10:53 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
so which ones come into play with the 3 flying modes?
In beginner flight mode , you have SAFE self-leveling and pitch/bank limits of about 30 degrees .

In intermediate mode , you have pitch/bank limits of about 45 degrees .

In experienced mode , you only have AS3X gyros to compensate for wind gusts & turbulence .

If you push the panic button , it puts the plane in beginner mode for as long as you hold the button down .

The only control that is not affected by SAFE/AS3X is throttle .
Sep 29, 2020, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
In beginner flight mode , you have SAFE self-leveling and pitch/bank limits of about 30 degrees .

In intermediate mode , you have pitch/bank limits of about 45 degrees .

In experienced mode , you only have AS3X gyros to compensate for wind gusts & turbulence .

If you push the panic button , it puts the plane in beginner mode for as long as you hold the button down .

The only control that is not affected by SAFE/AS3X is throttle .
Thank you!
Sep 29, 2020, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
The BNF set up for a computer transmitter is on page 6 of the manual .
found it!
time to read the tx manual. i think my head is going to explode
Sep 29, 2020, 02:08 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
found it!
time to read the tx manual. i think my head is going to explode
You got the DX6 ? Did you also get a receiver for the Super Easy ?

For the least chance of exploding head syndrome , setting up the DX6 for the SE will probably be the easiest : just rudder , elevator and throttle . The hardest thing you may have to do is reverse a servo .
Sep 29, 2020, 02:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
You got the DX6 ? Did you also get a receiver for the Super Easy ?

For the least chance of exploding head syndrome , setting up the DX6 for the SE will probably be the easiest : just rudder , elevator and throttle . The hardest thing you may have to do is reverse a servo .
yes, no rx yet. i'll go back and see if you posted a lemon link
Sep 29, 2020, 02:14 PM
Thread OP
itís here!
Taking it to bed with me tonight
Sep 29, 2020, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
also have to go back and find the virtual trainer link for mac
Sep 29, 2020, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
is ca thin glue okay? i'm looking at 4.5 oz stick fast on amazon. looks like an elmers glue bottle.

Quick Reply