May 12, 2005, 11:40 AM
Thread OP

LensRc now offering DIY kits!

I am now offering DIY kits of my motors.
The key feature of these kits is the assembled rotor. It is the same as my finished motors, with the soldered brass reinforcement and hardened steel shaft.
They come with 13 magnets, your choice of stator size(20 or 22.7mm), aluminum bearing tube, bearings, thrust washer and e-clip, and your choice of 24,25,26, or 27 AWG wire. Enough to wind it twice, just in case. The cost is $21.95. They can be purchased from my website:www.lensrc.com.

Len
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2005, 12:08 PM
Designer of Flying Things
Looks great Len!
You have nice cans....lol
With the bearings and tube, that's a good deal.

Think you can get Brian at Hobby Haven on Metcalf to pick up a few? I saw he is stocking 25 and 17 turns. He expressed some interest in DIY motors.

I am still working at that plant on Lackman. They keep spending, so we keep the new equipment comming

Rich
May 12, 2005, 12:12 PM
Thread OP
Sorry, Rich, but there aint enough fat in these things to wholesale them.

Len
May 12, 2005, 12:13 PM
gone fishing
Last edited by FRAMEDNLVS; Aug 04, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
May 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Chris, I plan to, but need to work out the pricing. I should have the site updated within a day or two.

Len
May 12, 2005, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
I now have parts available on my website.

Len
May 18, 2005, 08:14 AM
Does anyone hear a cat?
This is AWESOME. Any of you guys thinking about building up a motor should seriously look at these components! I've bought components from 3 or 4 other places and Lens has been of higher quality than 2 of them and on par with the best. I especially like how you sell the shaft already pressed into the can -- and that brass insert looks extremely solid. Good stuff. I ordered one last night

Len:

Am i correct in thinking that while we cannot purchase M-A-E 22.7mm motors from you pre-built, that the DIY 22.7mm kit would let us re-produce their motor fairly closely?
May 18, 2005, 10:11 AM
gone fishing
Last edited by FRAMEDNLVS; Aug 04, 2006 at 05:20 PM.
May 18, 2005, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Chris, I dont know if my rotor will work with GB'c carbon tube. I have not purchased any of them. And, no I wont be offering curved mags anytime soon.

Len
May 18, 2005, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
Headless, yes you can get close, with the exception of the curved mags.

Len
May 18, 2005, 11:04 AM
Does anyone hear a cat?
Ah ha figured there'd be a difference. Thanks Len.
I'm still planning on picking up that big order next paycheck...got sidetracked by a neumotor this week
May 20, 2005, 07:01 PM
Hi Len; So what size wire should I order for a 6oz 3D style plane. Ive been real happy with the Lens motors Ive got from MAE. I would like to try winding one that is somewhat similar. Im guesing Ill be wanting 25 turn??

Thanks; Adam

Quick Reply