Sep 19, 2020, 04:52 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Mine took 6 days to get here... Beat the covering and the motor.

An added bonus is that I get to see what was on TV in France.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2020, 05:10 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Holy cow! Now that is a proper set of plans.
Sep 19, 2020, 05:43 PM
Entropy is happening!
Nice!
Can the humble reader expect a build thread in the near future?................

Please?
Sep 19, 2020, 05:44 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Looks good, Kenny. I’ll be interested in hearing about the build and the flying.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Sep 19, 2020, 06:18 PM
Me too
Sep 19, 2020, 07:36 PM
Windy City Flyer
Subscribed!
Sep 23, 2020, 02:28 PM
SMV
SMV

Nice kit, indeed

Hi all, I got my Stellar kit a few days ago. The overall impression is very good. So far, I have built the fuse and the tail surfaces. I can say that they are very easy to build and seems smartly designed. It also seems stronger than most wooden kits I have built. The stab and elevator are certainly very torsion-resistant. I will try to post some photos from the computer (now writing from the tablet).
Salva
Sep 23, 2020, 04:04 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMV
Hi all, I got my Stellar kit a few days ago. The overall impression is very good. So far, I have built the fuse and the tail surfaces. I can say that they are very easy to build and seems smartly designed. It also seems stronger than most wooden kits I have built. The stab and elevator are certainly very torsion-resistant. I will try to post some photos from the computer (now writing from the tablet).
Salva
Salva,

Nice.
Welcome to the forums. You will get a lot out of posting on them. Do you know you have a free blog page? Just click on My RCGroups, then My Blog on the left and you can post your progress and anything else you want. Also, you can post pictures here, if you prefer.
Seems you are making fast progress!

Jim.
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Sep 24, 2020 at 03:37 PM.
Sep 24, 2020, 10:26 AM
SMV
SMV
Hi, Jim, thanks for the heads up about the blog space. I am not sure that I can find the time and energy to keep a blog alive, though. I had thought of starting a ‘relaxed’ building thread, but found this thread instead, and here we are. As I have done many times before, I was hoping to benefit from other people’s experience, but this time I seem to be the one with greater experience with this plane! So, out of kind of sense of duty, I have decided to share this experience with others who could be interested on this particular kit, just in case I can help. Still, I would expect Kenny to overtake me at any moment…
Sep 24, 2020, 03:36 PM
Sep 24, 2020, 03:50 PM
Entropy is happening!

Journal.

Salva,

Thanks for posting the pictures with descriptions included below.
I don't "keep my blog alive", as you mention. I use it as a free online journal as much as anything else, as I do my several build threads. It makes an excellent easy to find reference for when I go back to building one composite moulded replacement wing, like I will be doing in the near future.
You can treat you blog (if you choose to use it), as a seldom used record or an active (daily if you wish) journal.
I find I learn a great deal from the replies and feedback. Especially from the build threads. One of my build threads has about 80,000 views.
I can honestly say that I have learned all I know about composites and model building generally from these forums.

I will be reading of your ongoing progress with this fine model.

Jim.

Edit: Your English appears to be much better than my French!
Sep 24, 2020, 05:17 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMV
Hi, Jim, thanks for the heads up about the blog space. I am not sure that I can find the time and energy to keep a blog alive, though. I had thought of starting a ‘relaxed’ building thread, but found this thread instead, and here we are. As I have done many times before, I was hoping to benefit from other people’s experience, but this time I seem to be the one with greater experience with this plane! So, out of kind of sense of duty, I have decided to share this experience with others who could be interested on this particular kit, just in case I can help. Still, I would expect Kenny to overtake me at any moment
Please don't worry about me because I have 3 huge hardwood flooring jobs that need to get done before I can start this kit.

Looking forward to your progress and you are doing a great job.
Sep 24, 2020, 05:42 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Thanks to all, especially SMV for the notes and details on this one - I think I need a substantial build, and this really suits my taste.
The kit looks like a work of art.
I take your point about cutting up the plan SMV, but it is necessary for an organised build.
My Introduction kit came with a glorious coloured plan that I was completely unable to cut up - fortunately a friend was able to get it copied and I cut up the copy. Still have the original, but what do you do with it?
On plans, what possessed them to fold the poor thing - fine plans should be rolled, not folded!
Cheers, watching with interest and plotting how to get kits to the Land of Oz,
PeteM
Sep 24, 2020, 08:02 PM
I wonder also if they would sell just a wing kit?

Quick Reply