Ecirtech Stellar F5J Kit

If you want to give F5J a try, but don't feel like dropping $3-4K on a new 4M composite sailplane, you might be interested in building the Stellar.

Splash

Build a Kit - Save Some Money

If you want to give F5J a try, but don't feel like dropping $3-4K on a new 4M composite sailplane, you might be interested in building the Stellar. This is a 3.1M full house sailplane kit that sells for a little over $266. Now of course you'll need all the gear to go inside, but that's one heck of deal if you have the skills and time to build it out.

The kit is laser-cut all-wood and it's designed specifically for low level thermal flights. With a very low wing loading, it should be able to turn quickly and climb out in small bubbles. So what do you guys think? Is this a plane you'd want to build and fly? Let me know in the comments below.

Check out the Stellar F5J Kit Here

Check out the Stellar F5J Build Photos Here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Sep 04, 2020 at 12:05 PM..
Sep 04, 2020, 06:43 PM
Entropy is happening!

Very impressive model.

Thanks for posting this Jason. After a quick look at the build manual and the pictures, I like it very much!
I am just completing my very first laser cut kit build; I've only built self designed scratch built models before this. The experience has given me a new insight into kit building! I enjoyed the process.
I will look at this one more closely. A big factor for me and other Australian builders, is what it would cost landed here............
But.........I will be finding out.

And maybe we will read some reports of other modellers building this one?

Jim.
Sep 04, 2020, 08:43 PM
When can I get one?
Sep 04, 2020, 09:52 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
They have a contact form on the website with a note to contact them for orders and info.
Sep 04, 2020, 09:59 PM
Entropy is happening!
I have filled the contact form in. I will wait for the shock of the price due to our low exchange rate and the shipping costs.................

But............I really want one!
Sep 04, 2020, 11:44 PM
What you looking' at fool!

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
I have filled the contact form in. I will wait for the shock of the price due to our low exchange rate and the shipping costs.................

But............I really want one!
Jim. I'm on the other side of the country. But also interested.
Sep 05, 2020, 01:03 AM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlidingFool
Jim. I'm on the other side of the country. But also interested.
I just received a quote for shipping from Matthieu. 65 Euros to NSW Australia. At the current exchange rate, that works out to around A$105.
The price of the kit is A$366.
Total, just under A$500, if you include something for insurance!
Sep 05, 2020, 06:15 AM
What you looking' at fool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
Total, just under A$500, if you include something for insurance!
Nice!
Sep 05, 2020, 06:46 AM
I recon that shipping several to Aus and sharing the cost would be a plan. I recently got a pair of fxjís from rs aero and the shipping on that from austria was about Ä40 from memory.
Sep 05, 2020, 07:19 AM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderguide
I recon that shipping several to Aus and sharing the cost would be a plan. I recently got a pair of fxj’s from rs aero and the shipping on that from austria was about €40 from memory.
Yes.
However, the trans Aus shipping would not be cheap.

Edit:
I just scrolled through the build pictures and CAD drawn diagrams (with instructions in French). Very impressive indeed!
There has been a lot of development work put into this kit. I have not seen anything as good before.
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Sep 05, 2020 at 07:41 AM.
Sep 05, 2020, 09:02 AM
Ego freight. About $12 Perth to Melb. Maybe a west coast buy and an east coast buy. Depends on interest I guess. Itís an interesting size.

Have a look at Sonoran Laser Arts for surprisingly nice kits from the US. Iíve just finished their 3.5m RES Yellow Jacket. Very Bubble Dancer but nice. Airborne at 1153g

https://sonoranlaserart.com/product/...-f5j-and-ales/

Different obviously but a really smart n easy build, flys great. Thereís a range from 1.5m up. Pure and electric.
Last edited by gliderguide; Sep 05, 2020 at 09:10 AM.
Sep 05, 2020, 04:23 PM
Entropy is happening!
That freight price is surprisingly low.

Re: RES Yellow Jacket.
I want a full house sailplane if I am going to spend some serious money on a good kit. The only 2 axis models I have are planks.
Thanks for posting though.
Sep 08, 2020, 07:41 AM
Wow I've just looked at the photos of this build...
Lovely looking glider.... the wing tips are a piece of art ....... i wouldn't want to have to rebuild one tho !!!
Sep 08, 2020, 12:53 PM
Off topic but I want a F5J plane and can’t afford a mouldie.

I’d love to see a 4 or 6 servo winged 3.5m Yellow Jacket. No other plane would do, the YJ with the composite fuse looks the business.
Sep 08, 2020, 02:12 PM
The Big Pimimo

Give me the link

I need it ..!!!

Quick Reply