Hobbyking - Labor Day Deals

Check out what Hobbyking has listed for this holiday event....

Splash

HobbyKing Deals

From HobbyKing...

Take a break this Labor Day and blow off some steam with your favorite RC models.

Planes (click here)

Batteries (click here)

Speed Controllers (click here)

Click Here to go to HobbyKing

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Sep 04, 2020 at 11:16 AM..
Sep 07, 2020, 01:13 PM
I went to place a decent $$ order & the popup said that the Portland warehouse is moving & things will be in disarray for a week. Okay, I gather that, but why did my light order all of a sudden cost $36.50 in shipping costs for the US warehouse when it is almost triple what it normally is? Weight is not the problem as I dropped a few items that had most weight & it only dropped a couple of dollars???

I have placed over 57 orders over the few years & only the overseas orders are high on shipping.
Last edited by FloridaAKM; Sep 07, 2020 at 01:29 PM.
Sep 07, 2020, 01:28 PM
Clicked the link when it was first posted and again today. Absolutely nothing shows on sale.
Sep 07, 2020, 04:07 PM
most exalted one
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm
Clicked the link when it was first posted and again today. Absolutely nothing shows on sale.
Ditto and Tower shows only the super saver which I paid into the future and they have less applicable to coupons. What is the point of getting in my face? To tick me off? Oc ourse they could have eliminated Supersaver when they bought Tower but.........
Last edited by 4*60; Sep 07, 2020 at 04:53 PM.
Sep 07, 2020, 04:49 PM
Guys, Hobby King got caught again by the FTC. What happened the last time was there was a separate company running the warehouse, they declared Bankruptcy, move the warehouse and reopened under another name. Took a month or so and for the inquiry about the high shipping; bets are it did come international as there wasn't an operating USA warehouse when you ordered.
Sep 09, 2020, 09:41 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert

The FTC?

First they run afoul of the FCC....and now the FTC. So, we are funding some duplicitous, trade-scamming organization, run by people either controlled by or part of a nation that sees no wrong in intentionally screwing us over?

Time to find another way in this hobby. Canít stop buying crap from them altogether as probably 99% of our hobby stuff is manufactured by them; maybe itís time to return to building and re-using components from retired units.

It would be nice if there were electronics made here, to offer an alternative to buying their crap. Or to find, and buy, stuff from Taiwan.
Sep 09, 2020, 03:16 PM
Friend of Foam
Always love the rumor mill stories that crop up with HK, they never fail to amuse. They never have links to back up the stories though, odd.

They got jammed up with alphabet agency, the FCC.

https://hackaday.com/2020/07/28/fcc-...-transmitters/

Quick Reply