Sep 05, 2020, 12:39 PM
It is definitely a very exciting adventure. I hope you guys will enjoy the plane. Take a look how easy the plane can be broken down and assembled again to fit into a backpack.

2min Assembly - 60" EPP Swift (2 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2020, 06:46 AM
So it's an easier climb now. Haven't flown there in over 25+ years. Would this plane fly on a 20ft tall dyke?
Sep 06, 2020, 11:53 AM
Does the Dyke have a vertical face with prevailing wind direction straight into it? Then yes!
Some of the So Cal Slope sites are Beach Bluff with 20 - 60ft verticals
Sep 06, 2020, 11:56 AM
Oh

.....and Yes, the climb to Glider Hill is easier without having to go thru Cardiac Hill
And safer for carrying your planes to the top in one piece
Sep 08, 2020, 06:42 AM
I'm seriously tempted by this.
Sep 08, 2020, 11:20 PM
It's Tougher in Alaska
Very Nice!
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel
Sep 11, 2020, 10:48 AM
I'm on to one as they become available
Sep 12, 2020, 11:26 AM
How do I purchase the windy hill?
Sep 12, 2020, 03:43 PM
Martin, how do you differentiate the Swift from Dream-Flight's Ahi? I can see the Swift's foam parts are wire-cut, and the Ahi is injection-molded, but how are the flight characteristics different?

ed
Sep 12, 2020, 04:02 PM
Hi all,

We have just launched the Swift on our website! You can pre-order now at https://windyhillhobbies.com/

$189 + tax and flat shipping (we currently deliver to the US, Canada and the European Union).

It would be great if you can pre-order, since we are a small business and it helps to predict our inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSoars
Martin, how do you differentiate the Swift from Dream-Flight's Ahi? I can see the Swift's foam parts are wire-cut, and the Ahi is injection-molded, but how are the flight characteristics different?

ed
Since our Swift is made out of EPP it is much more durable than the Ahi. It is also little bit heavier and likes to be flown faster than the Ahi. It is a Kit and requires a little bit more assembly work.
Sep 12, 2020, 06:03 PM
Martin,

Does the 'kit' come with the graphics shown in post 5 & 16 pre-applied or does the Builder have the option for installing the graphics?

I love the High Contrast Blk&Wht Starburst on the bottom of wing
Sep 12, 2020, 06:05 PM
The kit does not come with the graphics. I recommend oracal 651 vinyl. It comes in many different colors and is very easy to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip.greely
Martin,

Does the 'kit' come with the graphics shown in post 5 & 16 pre-applied or does the Builder have the option for installing the graphics?

I love the High Contrast Blk&Wht Starburst on the bottom of wing
Sep 13, 2020, 02:45 AM
I would like one of these, I need something more robust than my Ahi.
What wind speed range is it suited to ?
Sep 13, 2020, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmansam
I would like one of these, I need something more robust than my Ahi.
What wind speed range is it suited to ?
That would really depend on the slope and I didn't have the chance to experience the full range of wind speeds in the bay area yet.

I have flown the swift down to about 8mph and I'm confident it can take very strong winds as well. It's built very durable with 1.9lb EPP and 5mil covering. Im also planning to use a 10mm steel joiner (instead of carbon) to add about 100g for really strong conditions. The steel joiner is not part of the kit though.
Sep 13, 2020, 12:05 PM
Detail Freak
Hi, Martin-
Plane looks great.
What holds the wings into the fuse? Is it just a friction fit with the joiners?

R,
Target

Quick Reply