Windy Hill Hobbies Swift S-1 Slope Glider

Windy Hill Hobbies now has a nice looking 60" Swift S-1 model in EPP foam that is perfect for the slope.

Splash

EPP Swift - Now Available!

Windy Hill Hobbies now has a nice looking 60" Swift S-1 model in EPP foam that is perfect for the slope. The Swift S-1 is arguably the most beautiful aerobatic glider out there. WindyHillHobbies’ version is a simple and extremely performance oriented interpretation of the classic S-1 design.

They focused the design to be an easy build, extremely durable and most of all, to excel in performance. This glider uses a combination of EPP foam, carbon fiber, glass fiber and 3D printed PLA parts for construction. The unique combination of all these materials results in a very practical and high performance glider.

The Swift is compact and easy to disassemble with a removable two piece wing, rudder and elevator. You can put it in your backpack and take it anywhere you’d like on your next adventure.

WHH is currently in the last stages of prototype evaluation and will enter production very soon.

Update: You can now Pre-Order at the website linked below!

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 1520mm (60″)
  • Length: 820mm (32″)
  • Approximate RTF Weight: ~700g (24.6oz)
  • Needed to complete: 4x Micro Servos (we recommend EMAX ES3352), Radio Gear

Check out the Swift S-1 page here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Sep 12, 2020 at 04:19 PM..
Sep 03, 2020, 08:49 AM
Nice looking sloper,..

....with Classic VTPR lines. I think Martin has a winner here

More options available for us Slope Fliers

Congrats!
Last edited by chip.greely; Sep 03, 2020 at 09:35 AM.
Sep 03, 2020, 09:09 AM
UP. UP & AWAY!
Nice!
Sep 03, 2020, 09:31 AM
Looks good, interested to see the price.
Sep 03, 2020, 11:40 AM
We will release pricing and delivery dates very soon. Feel free to sign up for our newsletter on www.windyhillhobbies.com to stay tuned.

Here is a picture of the final design which we successfully maidened last weekend.
Last edited by Ma4din; Sep 03, 2020 at 01:06 PM.
Sep 03, 2020, 11:41 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Looks really nice!
Sep 03, 2020, 12:36 PM
Nice! Excited for the release!
Sep 03, 2020, 04:45 PM
formerly Juddkleinman
Can’t wait to throw one in my pack and bike to my new favorite slope site
Sep 03, 2020, 10:26 PM
I'll get one when available!!
Sep 04, 2020, 05:50 AM
Is that cardiac hill in the video?
Sep 04, 2020, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation Ultra
No. That's coyote hills.
Sep 04, 2020, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma4din
No. That's coyote hills.
Ha ha,

Martin, his reference is to what they used to call it before the Park cut the serpentine trail up to Glider Hill from the Picnic Area. The trail went directly up 'Cardiac Hill' thru Hoot's Hollow and was noted to be quite a climb. The last part of that original trail still exists today, if you take the hard right and climb directly up between Red Hill and Glider Hill.

BTW - Where did you find a source for EPP here in the Bay Area? I used to buy from EPE USA down in Fountain Valley, when I lived in So Cal
Sep 04, 2020, 10:03 AM
High Lift Coefficient
Very cool Martin. Looking forward to seeing it in person soon.
Sep 04, 2020, 01:12 PM
Awesome.
Sep 05, 2020, 08:17 AM
Woohoo, great news, wonderful that you and Viola are making this adventure happen. Now i know what you've been working on past couple years.

Looks like a nice flying model.

This is going to be fun

Mehrdad

Quick Reply