This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 02, 2020, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

P1B-1 ( Still a big Northerly blowing )

Product link

Hmmmm , watch the assembly video by JHA if this interests you .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload...ature=emb_logo

I would not in hind sight tape the plastic fittings on ( foam protection tabs ) .. I did it in the tail as in the JHA video , but immediately regretted it ! Just glue them in place .

With the wing I glued the carbon spar in place ( Foam safe cyno ) also gluing the two wing halves together . The plastic protector ( protects the foam from the rubber band ) was glued in place with HK Foam Glue . Also the carbon tail boom was glued into the plastic locator as well the vertical stab .

Assembly is relatively simple once you know what needs doing ( instructions are not even good toilet paper ) . If you are going to let children do the assembly , I would strongly suggest following the JHA Video .

Mine is assembled and ready for play . Though the million dollar question is when do I get to play with it ? ..
RTF , mine came in at some 30.5 grams . ( With rubber motor )

Rubber motor , = I cut the supplied rubber in half , tied the ends and then folded it two and inserted it inside the tube .
I have tested it and the motor system seems to work fine ..
I would have liked lighter propeller blades . , but it is what it is .
Next comes flying when ever that is ?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2020, 06:57 PM
Hey, watch this!
I saw a Youtube video on adding an R/C rudder to one of these. I haven't started on doing that to mine but I'm hopeful that I can keep it in our park flyer field and maybe even land it withing walking distance.
Sep 02, 2020, 07:05 PM
Thread OP
JHA has some interesting video on the P1B-1

And there is a RC conversion on Youtube ( was it only rudder ? ) , will need to watch it I think .
FF is a very interesting discipline . It's where I started long ago . Chucky / Towline / then CO2 and then C/L as a teen .

Quick Reply