Sep 07, 2020, 04:10 AM
I know I am late to this party, but going frame by frame, it looks like something got caught up in the main drive... forgot to snip a wire tie? Loose wire? it would take a full NTSB re-creation to figure it out
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2020, 12:37 PM
RBW's sock puppet account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
BEAUTIFUL R-22. Vibration problem, perhaps?
Robinson, theres your problem.
Sep 08, 2020, 02:01 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
Had one of those cars as a kid too. Remember it fondly, but I suspect it did not last very long.
Sep 08, 2020, 03:04 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves
Robinson, theres your problem.
LoL
Sep 10, 2020, 03:18 PM

iaman

The doors blew off and downward from rotor wash just before the skids left the ground. The pilot panicked and dropped it in.

BTW, the only thing wrong with Robinsons is they are affordable enough for weekend doctor/lawyer pilots to afford. I have maintained 4 professionally piloted commercially operated R-44s for 15 years, and have never had a problem. Much less maintenance intensive than the 6 Bell Jetrangers we operate.
Sep 13, 2020, 10:52 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wander what ever happened to the guy with the home built 700?
Tosca - The Lounge Dub (Full Album) (1 hr 7 min 28 sec)
Sep 14, 2020, 01:01 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
lol
It'd be fun if you engaged with us once in a blue moon.
Sep 14, 2020, 01:48 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
till next year
Last edited by Dave778; Sep 14, 2020 at 02:12 AM.
Sep 14, 2020, 01:26 PM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
I know I am late to this party, but going frame by frame, it looks like something got caught up in the main drive... forgot to snip a wire tie? Loose wire? it would take a full NTSB re-creation to figure it out

Lol agreed.

I watched it at 1/4 speed and it looked like the doors flew off before it even left the ground.
The rotor wash caught the doors and then the pilot freaked out.
Sticky swash maybe? Looked as if he was operating the collective like a light switch.

Once I had a HB King II that had a sticky swashplate that hung up on the main shaft somehow.
It would suddenly break free and shoot up like a rocket.
Last edited by Steve_; Sep 14, 2020 at 01:34 PM.
Sep 14, 2020, 04:57 PM
an unidentifiable object takes the starboard door off from the inside out, then comes the carnage, I think most if not all of the damage was done before the pilot's reaction...
Sep 14, 2020, 10:02 PM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
an unidentifiable object takes the starboard door off from the inside out, then comes the carnage, I think most if not all of the damage was done before the pilot's reaction...

Yeah there is a big metal part that you can hear hit the ground. I wonder what that was?
Sep 15, 2020, 09:43 AM
Still gassin' it.
I'd say, from the sudden take-off and the doors popping out simultaneously, one of the swash-to-blade links let go, causing it to go full pitch on that blade, hence introducing a violent vibration and an uncontrolled take-off...

Seen that happen once before, similar symptoms but unfortunately not similar outcome (total write-off).

Quick Reply