Old May 11, 2005, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by JayFrancis

Any micro sized gliders?

I figured I'd ask here, since you guys really know this stuff!

Do you know of any micro sized gliders?

Playing with the Gambler has got me thinking... could I slope soar off the roof of my house? I'm envious of the hawks thermalling over my road... I was tempted to pull out the Gambler, but it would be some tricky flying (once below the tree line).

--Jay
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2005, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
There is a whole class of gliders, called mosquito class which are .75-meter span or less. Look up 'the bug' on yahoo groups. The bug is where I started.
Old May 12, 2005, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by kdhanson
RC Microflight has plans for a "Mini Kestral". It has a 36.8" wing and a weight of 1.75 oz (according to specs on plan).
Let me know if you're interested Jay.

-Ken
Old May 12, 2005, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by JayFrancis
Thanks guys...

Al - Knowing that they're called "Mosquito" class has helped in the search process.

Ken - I downloaded the plans, thanks! I need to read the article now too.

--Jay
Old May 13, 2005, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
If you build the mini kestral, you'll want to use the new Falcon 1.5 gram servos, and a JMP servo receiver and a 90 mAh Lipoly. That will keep the gear really light.

Also you'll want to order contest balsa for it, and nitrate dope for the finish.

Al
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by otmail
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhanson
RC Microflight has plans for a "Mini Kestral". It has a 36.8" wing and a weight of 1.75 oz (according to specs on plan).
Let me know if you're interested Jay.

-Ken
I'm quite interested on the Robelen's mini Kestral
have you built or have any infomation on this model?

regards

OT
Old Apr 08, 2008, 04:53 AM
Find More Posts by mcgoveze

My Mini Kestral

I build the mini Kestral for my son Tomás, can be viewed the photos from this url: http://picasaweb.google.es/ezequiel....rn/MiniKestral

The final weigth: 85 grs
Old May 19, 2008, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by racedouge1
this is the third RCM bug in which i biult, it's a spin called a carbon bug. the bottom is a stevensaero monkey chucker which is very cool.

douge
Last edited by racedouge1; Oct 07, 2015 at 06:07 PM.