This thread is privately moderated by basgerritsen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 31, 2020, 02:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

All my builds in one place!

Here are all the builds I have been involved in, most of them are my builds, but some are my friends, but I helped them.
I have only bought two planes in my life, a trainer when I was ten and a carbon f3k model when I was eighteen.
I have built my own trainer, my own fpv planes and my own high performance planes and I still enjoy building a lot!

Please click this post to see all the 97 photos.

If you have any questions about a specific plane, please send me a message!
Last edited by basgerritsen; Sep 12, 2020 at 02:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2020, 05:07 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Very cool , its takes a lot of skill to build working small RC models.
Great job , post some details on the flying components
Sep 12, 2020, 02:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Very cool , its takes a lot of skill to build working small RC models.
Great job , post some details on the flying components
I have some detailed build threads on my high performance models. Most of the others are using 1.7g servos, small 12-20a quad esc's and 2g voltage step down modules. Pretty much all using either a 1306 3100kv,1207 7500kv or 1806 2300kv motor. Lipos are 2-3s 300-450mah gaoneng lipos.
Sep 14, 2020, 07:47 PM
The twin-boom pusher, how did that fly?

I can't put a name to it.... is it scale or fictional?

There's at least 2, ;-D

So that other one too?
Last edited by Floatdog; Sep 14, 2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: saw another.... and edating
Sep 15, 2020, 01:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddog
The twin-boom pusher, how did that fly?

I can't put a name to it.... is it scale or fictional?

There's at least 2, ;-D

So that other one too?
The silver twin boom pusher is a 1/18.3 scale model of the french SO.8000 narval, a really interesting aircraft built just after ww2.

It flies really, really well, I built it for manouverability and it can turn on a dime and roll for days with those ailerons. It weighs about 120-130g with a 450mah 2s and I'm able to fly it on a very small field next to my home.
I still have it because it's really fun to fly, if you want I can post an old video of it or take a new video today.

The green pusher is the japanese J7W1, a ww2 interceptor. There aren't may (well) flying models of it and this one wasn't an exception, the canards are a bit too small for our scale and the tailfins are also too small. It flew pretty well for what it was but you could get it into a flat spin if if throttled up while stalling. Was really stable if you stayed away from the stall speed though. I could always get it out of a flat spin, it didn't die because of a crash but because it melted in the car on a incredibly hot day. The narval was built to replace this one.

Edit here's the old video.
SO.8000 narval scale model 1/18.3 (0 min 49 sec)
Last edited by basgerritsen; Sep 15, 2020 at 02:00 AM.
Oct 23, 2020, 06:41 AM
your spitfire is awesome

Quick Reply