New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2005, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Dan_eflyer
Meh, it'll still fly.

Can I use my old TX with a flight simulator

I have an old 4ch Hobbico TX with no output plug. Is there anything I can buy so I can connect the TX to my computer?

I thought I heard somewhere that there is a cable where you can screw into where your atenna goes?

Am I crazy?
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2005, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by FredericG
What you need is the PPM signal before modulation. Anybody with a scope can find a point inside your transmitter where you can pickup this signal and bring it out.

I don't know if the system you describe exists, however getting the signal directly within the TX is much simpler.

Frederic
Old May 11, 2005, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Since you can usually find a TX that someone thinks is no good for flying any more with the plug for about $10 to $20... I'd just go checking around for one instead of messing around nside a TX trying to do the conversion.

While the conversion can wrk... there's no point risking frying your computer with a small soldering error.
Old May 11, 2005, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by Dan_eflyer
Meh, it'll still fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771
Since you can usually find a TX that someone thinks is no good for flying any more with the plug for about $10 to $20... I'd just go checking around for one instead of messing around nside a TX trying to do the conversion.

While the conversion can wrk... there's no point risking frying your computer with a small soldering error.
Ha, great idea.
Old May 12, 2005, 01:28 AM
Find More Posts by FredericG
Quote:
there's no point risking frying your computer with a small soldering error
IMHO, if you know what youa re doing, there is no risk. Anyway, often there is a connector on the PCB that allows you the grab the signal without soldering.