Aug 28, 2020, 02:39 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Check the 637T threads or just search posts by Andy Kunz as he just recently answered about which radios can program & I'm sure the short-lived 7G2 was included if updated.

Many gas/glow pilots are using AS3X, but mounting is critical. should be similar to 636.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2020, 03:23 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscoflyer
Two questions:
1) I have heard that this will not be able to be programmed with a DX7G2 radio.....is that accurate? Its strange if not since it apparently will be able to be programmed with a downgraded DX6G2 (i think that is the case).
It's the DX7s, not the DX7G2, that can't program the new receivers (along with the DX8G1). Make sure you update to the latest Airware (2.06 as of yesterday) and you will be able to program with the DX7G2
Quote:

2) Can these be used with glow/gas engine powered planes? I have a Great Planes Escapade with an Evolution 10GX engine that I would love to use this in but I am worried that safe+vibrations from IC engines are no bueno (case in point the Hanger 9 P51 with 8GX and SAFE that was a nightmare with the AR636rx).
You can, but I'd probably recommend the AR637T + a remote in that application, as it will be easier to install without potential antenna shading (the AR630's antenna is internal to the case and may have shading issues from standard servos and/or the fuel tank & engine)
Aug 29, 2020, 06:07 AM
Rabid Rabbit
Will this be the receiver that HH will have in future BNF planes? I understand that the AR636, A or B will no longer be available soon.
Will the AR630 settings for existing E-flite planes be published ?
Aug 29, 2020, 08:24 AM

Original Receiver for an E-flite Viper

Q: can this new AR630 receiver be installed into a Viper allowing SAFE mode straight away or do you need to program it.... using the additional program cable?
Vs just buying the original SPMAR636B Receiver?
I have a DX9 radio
Last edited by bellairvideo; Aug 29, 2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Add
Aug 29, 2020, 09:58 AM
I am pretty certain the new 630 ( I have em) must be programmed thru Forward Programming
Only
Meaning, a Radio which will do this and it must be up to date
Maybe some other procedure is in the future.....
? Safe on a Viper?
Last edited by richard hanson; Aug 29, 2020 at 02:22 PM.
Aug 29, 2020, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
I am pretty certain the new 630 ( I have em) must be programmed thru Forward Programming
Only
? Safe on a Viper?
Watch the Forward Programming videos. Once I did that I programmed a AR637T and it was easy, so subsequent receivers that I need to program will be easy too. I prefer the Forward Programming to the old PC/App method with the old AR636.
Aug 29, 2020, 04:58 PM
The forward programming is the right way to go
Took me a couple of run thrus to be sure
It still could use some additional instructions and the videos are a excellent aid
One thing iI would like to see is a baby steps program
One where you simply bind , open program and get a mild default program on ch5 on/off switch
(Not far from initial setup now)
Having flown a few setups ,I found no real need for the full rage of capabilities
But the I aint a glider flier
Aug 29, 2020, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Only
? Safe on a Viper?
I wouldn't use an antenna less rx in that plane.

You need to get the antenna away from the battery, wires, and motor.

Andy
Aug 29, 2020, 05:15 PM
Alright then, let's take it all the way and get some AI in the rx where you just install it and the rx does everything at the push of a button.
Aug 29, 2020, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietfly
Alright then, let's take it all the way and get some AI in the rx where you just install it and the rx does everything at the push of a button.
Sounds like a plan!
Seriously
When the first adjustable as3x hit the scene, Iwas using one in the Aerobatic arf Qui Qui did
Worked great

Problem became when the guys tried their own setups and got fluttering and reversals etc..
I will go out and a limb and say most who want some as3x setup,, want a very simple on off setup
This one in forward programming is good Maybe a bit overkill but some will like how it can be tailored ortinkered with
Last edited by richard hanson; Aug 29, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
Aug 29, 2020, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan
I was going to say the same thing, made out of lead weighs or what?! I assume 15.4 grams would be closer
Spektrum says .34 oz. Horizon says .34 lbs.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPMAR630
Aug 30, 2020, 12:37 AM

Appreciate your reply

Quote:
Only
? Safe on a Viper?
Many thanks Richard.
Aug 31, 2020, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
It's the DX7s, not the DX7G2, that can't program the new receivers (along with the DX8G1). Make sure you update to the latest Airware (2.06 as of yesterday) and you will be able to program with the DX7G2

You can, but I'd probably recommend the AR637T + a remote in that application, as it will be easier to install without potential antenna shading (the AR630's antenna is internal to the case and may have shading issues from standard servos and/or the fuel tank & engine)
Excellent....appreciate the information!
Sep 01, 2020, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

What? Look at the weight...
154 gr? Must be kidding..

Product Height 0.51" (13 mm)
Product Length 1.85" (47 mm)
Product Weight 0.34lbs (154g)
Product Width 0.98" (25 mm)
The actual weight is 0.34 oz, not 0.34 lbs. 10 grams +/-

Oops. I'm too late.
Sep 05, 2020, 10:08 AM

Firmware register/update issue

All,

Iím having issues updated the firmware? The pictures shows the notification Iím getting when I try to register the RX. I have also tried registering the RX thru Spektrum Community with the same results.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Quick Reply