New Spektrum AS3X SAFE AR630 Receiver

Spektrums latest AS3X SAFE enabled receiver is here. The AR630 is in stock right now online and at Spektrum retailers.

Splash

New Receiver Option for Spektrum Radios

Spektrums latest AS3X SAFE enabled receiver is here. The AR630 is in stock right now online and at Spektrum retailers. It's an advanced programmable 6-channel receiver that has all of the programming ability and stabilization functions of the AR637T, but in a smaller and lighter unit. Check out the feature list below. The AR630 receiver sells for $69.99.

Features:

• Antenna-less designed for easy installation, and increase performance
  • Built in AS3X Stabilization System with SAFE flight envelope protection
  • AS3X and SAFE set up through forward programming directly from your Spektrum transmitter
  • Ready to use with Spektrum Smart ESC for one-wire telemetry data without the need of modules, links and wires
  • Streamlined, end-pin design in a lightweight hard-case
  • Bind button allows for easy binding and eliminates the need for bind plug
  • DSMX protocol receiver with DSM2 backwards compatibility
  • Fly-by range telemetry support
  • Standard servo connectors

AR630 Specifications:

• Application: Aircraft
  • Band: 2.4GHz
  • Bind Method: Bind Button
  • Channels: 6
  • Failsafe: Yes
  • Input Voltage: 3.5 - 9V
  • Modulation: DSMX
  • Product Height: 0.51" (13 mm)
  • Product Length: 1.85" (47 mm)
  • Product Weight: 0.34lbs (154g)
  • Product Width: 0.98" (25 mm)
  • Resolution: 2048
  • Telemetry: Yes

Click here to visit the AR630 webpage

Aug 27, 2020, 09:41 AM
It is an all in one rx
Use it asa rx for small simple park foamie
Or
Attach a remote rx and stick it in a large model which can benefit from added reception location
Power or glider
add the as3x if that fits your desires
SAFE can also be added
Pretty slick
Darns , buttonholes, mends socks etc..
Aug 27, 2020, 09:57 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Just don't stick it in a carbon fuselage. Need something with long antennas poking out for that.
Aug 27, 2020, 10:21 AM
Fire Marshall Bill
"Or
Attach a remote rx and stick it in a large model which can benefit from added reception location"

How do you do THAT, Richard?
Aug 27, 2020, 11:05 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
"Or
Attach a remote rx and stick it in a large model which can benefit from added reception location"

Plug the SRXL2 remote or serial receiver into the SRXL2 port next to Ch1.

Does require a custom cable.
Aug 27, 2020, 02:31 PM
JDougherty
Is that "custom cable" available from Spektrum? I just bought four of these, likely to go into smaller aircraft, but.....
Aug 27, 2020, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Plug the SRXL2 remote or serial receiver into the SRXL2 port next to Ch1.

Does require a custom cable.
I must admit I may have gotten ahead of myself on the on the SRXL2 port hook up
I have NOT tried this and the full instructions I just read say NO satellite rx (surprise) so I am going to go straight to the tech guys about this
In that the port exists -- I assumed---rather than check it out.
Aug 27, 2020, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougherty
Is that "custom cable" available from Spektrum? I just bought four of these, likely to go into smaller aircraft, but.....
Likewise
I have noted the telemetry is not the same as it's cousin So rather than proceed with my own trial n error,I will await the word
Love these new rx!
Aug 27, 2020, 11:02 PM

What? Look at the weight...
154 gr? Must be kidding..

Product Height 0.51" (13 mm)
Product Length 1.85" (47 mm)
Product Weight 0.34lbs (154g)
Product Width 0.98" (25 mm)
Aug 28, 2020, 12:21 AM

AR 630 Forward Programmed for 60” V tail warmliner

I’ve been flying this model with the older antenna less 6 ch for some time but wanted to have SAFE for occasional thermal/cruising. The wing came off an old DHLG and was bolted on to the stock X440/Little Star fuselage that was imported from Poland by S and R Batteries some time ago. My DX9 has been programmed with 3 flight modes on the throttle stick and 2 flight modes on D1 and D2 for flaperon thermal and landing.

Orientation had to be done automatically (nose down) because unlike the iX12 there are no diagrams/documentation in the DX9 OSD for picking out receiver mounting. “Self Level” audio was programmed into switch B0 (gear channel) and “Off” programmed into B1 and B2. The Envelope feature is not used. I could only adjust AS3X gain on the rotary as the LLV (left lever) did not vary the numbers as smooth as the rotary knob. Once oscillation was found and then backed off a landing was needed to change 1X to 2X in order to get bank and pitch angles established. After about 10 launches and landings and fiddling the maximum angles are about what I like with my Conscendo Evolution. She has the AR637TA receiver that will hopefully be unlocked for Forward Programmable capability some time in the future.

I’ll be fiddling around to see what kind (if any) of fly by telemetry works.

The included paper manual and Spektrum iX 12 You Tube videos are OK but I think screen shots of each Forward Program transmitter menu would be easier to follow. I will be verifying and validating my SPM file in a second AR 630 receiver to see if it works without having to complete the multiple programming steps.
Aug 28, 2020, 05:14 AM
The screens are the same. The fonts are different.

Andy
Aug 28, 2020, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
"Or

It appears to work:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=24
Aug 28, 2020, 01:15 PM
Two questions:
1) I have heard that this will not be able to be programmed with a DX7G2 radio.....is that accurate? Its strange if not since it apparently will be able to be programmed with a downgraded DX6G2 (i think that is the case).
2) Can these be used with glow/gas engine powered planes? I have a Great Planes Escapade with an Evolution 10GX engine that I would love to use this in but I am worried that safe+vibrations from IC engines are no bueno (case in point the Hanger 9 P51 with 8GX and SAFE that was a nightmare with the AR636rx).
Aug 28, 2020, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

What? Look at the weight...
154 gr? Must be kidding..

Product Height 0.51" (13 mm)
Product Length 1.85" (47 mm)
Product Weight 0.34lbs (154g)
Product Width 0.98" (25 mm)
I was going to say the same thing, made out of lead weighs or what?! I assume 15.4 grams would be closer
Aug 28, 2020, 02:05 PM
Two questions:
1) I have heard that this will not be able to be programmed with a DX7G2 radio.....is that accurate? Its strange if not since it apparently will be able to be programmed with a downgraded DX6G2 (i think that is the case).
2) Can these be used with glow/gas engine powered planes? I have a Great Planes Escapade with an Evolution 10GX engine that I would love to use this in but I am worried that safe+vibrations from IC engines are no bueno (case in point the Hanger 9 P51 with 8GX and SAFE that was a nightmare with the AR636rx).

Quick Reply