Sep 12, 2020, 01:35 AM
Guys what helicopter is this and year? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...helicopter-%29
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2020, 09:26 AM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Thread OP
Yeah, as you found out, that's a Hoverstar. Horizon's version of the GMP Rebel. Mid 1990's.

Ralph
Sep 25, 2020, 07:54 PM
Im a Cricket Enthusiast. Love the Vintage Heli's far more than anything new. Except for my first heli I ever flew successfully, a Trex 450 SE. Which was my first scale heli as well, an MD500.

I'll post some pics of my Crickets and Parts shortly.
Sep 26, 2020, 12:24 PM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Thread OP
Hey Matt,

I'm a Cricket fan too. My first heli way back when! I'm actually working on putting one together, but it will be e-powered this time around.

Ralph
Oct 06, 2020, 08:12 AM
Hi I got anThunder Tiger Raptor 50 I'm currently working on. Has a Os 50 none hyper engine. Tune muffler look to be a century tri flow which i had for 5 years.
Oct 06, 2020, 12:44 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_G
Yeah, as you found out, that's a Hoverstar. Horizon's version of the GMP Rebel. Mid 1990's.

Ralph
I just composed a reply on the Hoverstar thread. May find it interesting.
Oct 06, 2020, 01:39 PM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-headcase
I just composed a reply on the Hoverstar thread. May find it interesting.
Can you post a link to that thread?

Thanks,

Ralph
Oct 09, 2020, 07:13 PM
Vintage Heli Flyer.
I'm in - I have 16 helis, 13 of those are Vintage machines.

Mark
Oct 10, 2020, 10:46 AM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Thread OP
Awesome Mark! Thanks for your support!

Ralph
Oct 11, 2020, 04:46 PM
I'm in. I love my vintage heli's! Here's one. My Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50. Also have a T-rex 450xl and others
Oct 12, 2020, 07:11 AM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Thread OP
That's a nice looking Sceadu! I always liked that canopy style. Much more stylish than most of the ugly ones we see today! Thanks for the support!

Ralph
Oct 12, 2020, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_G
That's a nice looking Sceadu! I always liked that canopy style. Much more stylish than most of the ugly ones we see today! Thanks for the support!

Ralph
Thank you Slowly working towards having her in the air again!
Oct 14, 2020, 10:30 AM
Here are two more vintage machines brought back out of mothballs! The one on the right is a GMP Legend Elite. The heli on the left is a super rare Tech Specialties Eclipse! I acquired both of these from a gentlemen that was getting out of the hobby many years ago. From what I gather, the Eclipse was designed more for the FAI contest pilot, and never really made it into full production. This machine was exquisitely designed utilizing carbon fiber main frames, married to some parts borrowed from the GMP Legend. I believe this one was a pre-production kit sent out to a privileged few. Too bad it never made it into production, I'm really looking forward to giving it a whirl! The guy that had a hand in designing this one is one sharp dude!!!
Oct 22, 2020, 04:12 AM
Count me in. I have a bunch of Schluters that I'm refurbishing, and as a result of some package deals I've also come into possession of some X-Cells, Robbes, Shuttles, Kyoshos, and have a Century on the way soon.
Oct 22, 2020, 07:42 PM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Thread OP
Great! Thanks for the support CD!

Ralph

Quick Reply