This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 24, 2020, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Ass-embly ! ( XK A160 )

First let me say !

The XK A160 is both trick and miss at the same time , or , impressive and disappointing !

The instructions are toilet paper !
You know those little cheap 480mm hand throw gliders you get off FeeBay ? Well , this XK A160 . The foam it's made off feels exactly the same . Kind of soft and spongy . Weight wise , mine comes in at 172 grams with battery . That's not very light for such a small model .

Fitting the horizontal stab . You have two control rods in the way ! So you got to kind of gently Jimmy the stab between them and into the slot in the fuse and push down , it's tricky !
Then use two of the longer screws to screw in in place , yeah the screwdriver is nasty ! Toss it and use something better !

Installing the wing .......
Again a little tricky ! First push the two halves together ...
The plastic canopy has two slots in it that the wing needs to be pushed into . It does not want to .
I ended up letting the wing sort of split open at the back so I could fit the wing into the slots . If the wing is kept straight the tabs are too wide . You then use little plastic lock studs (?) retainers that push thru the wing into the plastic canopy and then give a 90 deg twist to hold . Best to do one at a time as the wing is kind of split open at the back and doing both is going to be UBER tricky Just do one , then the other ,

Landing gear and struts ............
That sprung landing gear is trick , the plastic struts are trash ! Oh dear !
Here put the screw thru the landing gear first then when fitting the gear you can slip the strut under and screw in place .. Dont try to line everything up and put the screw thru
A) The included screwdriver is junk
B) Things slip about too much , gear first , strut second then screw into the fuse

Thats it !!!
If you dont want to use the toy trashmitter . Bind with multi protocol using the KN protocol .
Last edited by old4570; Aug 24, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply