Aug 23, 2020, 11:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Wing build - Telemtry to taranis x9d plus se 2019

Hello,
I am doing my first UAV wing build. I'm using the Matek F405 wing FC running Arduplane 3.9.7 with Mission Planner. I have an X8R receiver (stock firmware). I have everything working now - the GPS module and compass, FPV and VTX work great to the headset. I can successfully fly missions. I 'm new to the Taranis and I just got the latest version of Opentx installed with Amber which is awesome. For telemetry, I used a Sik radio. I want to install the Yaapu telemetry script on Taranis. I especially like the feature where Amber will tell you what waypoint you reached. I've seen a few videos on how to set up telemetry on the X8R using a special cable that plugs into the FC from the receiver smartport.

I found the information below on the Matek website. Do I just need to buy the special converter cable and plug it into TX1 of the FC since I'm already using TX6 for the Ardupilot telemetry over the Sik radio?

Frsky Smartport Telemetry

non-inverted (hacked) S.Port signal

TX1 pad of F405-WING
SERIAL1_BAUD 57
SERIAL1_OPTIONS 7
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 4

or TX6 pad of F405-WING
SERIAL6_BAUD 57
SERIAL6_OPTIONS 7
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL 4

Thanks,
Ed
Last edited by Impalanator; Aug 23, 2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: fixed typos
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2020, 11:16 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impalanator
Hello,
I am doing my first UAV wing build. I'm using the Matek F405 wing FC running Arduplane 3.9.7 with Mission Planner. I have an X8R receiver (stock firmware). I have everything working now - the GPS module and compass, FPV and VTX work great to the headset. I can successfully fly missions. I 'm new to the Taranis and I just got the latest version of Opentx installed with Amber which is awesome. For telemetry, I used a Sik radio. I want to install the Yaapu telemetry script on Taranis. I especially like the feature where Amber will tell you what waypoint you reached. I've seen a few videos on how to set up telemetry on the X8R using a special cable that plugs into the FC from the receiver smartport.

I found the information below on the Matek website. Do I just need to buy the special converter cable and plug it into TX1 of the FC since I'm already using TX6 for the Ardupilot telemetry over the Sik radio?

Frsky Smartport Telemetry

non-inverted (hacked) S.Port signal

TX1 pad of F405-WING
SERIAL1_BAUD 57
SERIAL1_OPTIONS 7
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 4

or TX6 pad of F405-WING
SERIAL6_BAUD 57
SERIAL6_OPTIONS 7
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL 4

Thanks,
Ed
There is a few options,

S.Port method
the c&t converter cable, make your own(I made my own) https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/some...required/27613

F.Port method
Flash your x8r with FPort FW, this alows your sbus control and telemetry all on one wire, I have yet to do this.
Here is a little info https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5035
Warning, if you flash FPort FW, your internal rf module on your x9d also needs to be running FW v2.1, otherwise they will not bind, not a big deal, but i got stuck on this a week ago.

I have not used AP yet, only AC and I know for telemetry I use
SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 10 (not 4, just read the first link I gave )

Quick Reply