Nov 16, 2021, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-22
I would assume it's the Flywoo ELRS RX
https://flywoo.net/collections/vtx-v...rs-el24e-el24p
Thanks for the answer.
Yes, most likely but on the posted page are 2 versions (+adapter). "EL24E or EL24P" versions make a big difference in a long range setup. Its just not clear which one is installed in the V2 version of the quad. The "EL24P" is the one with the external antenna which is the one Id like to have...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2021, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willi01
Thanks for the answer.
Yes, most likely but on the posted page are 2 versions (+adapter). "EL24E or EL24P" versions make a big difference in a long range setup. Its just not clear which one is installed in the V2 version of the quad. The "EL24P" is the one with the external antenna which is the one Id like to have...

Edit: Flywoo wrote that it is the 24P model with antenna...
Nov 18, 2021, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willi01
Edit: Flywoo wrote that it is the 24P model with antenna...
I can confirm that, at least it's the one I've got! It's working pretty well, the ELRS bench test gives great RSSI values!
Nov 18, 2021, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drclawscat
Hey thanks a lot @mutski! Just enabled rpm filtering using JazzMaverick 96khz blheli_s version 16.73, so will do some flight testing when I have time both with and without the Gyro low pass filters enabled.
I am curious about your results!

I have heard some (negative) things about JazzMavick - are there any advantages over Bluejay or JESC? Is it better to use the 96kHz or the 48kHz version, are there big differences on the Explorer in flight times or flight behaviour?
Nov 21, 2021, 11:09 AM
Gone with the Mistral
How to learn (again) about fresnel zone the hard way...
Hopefully, not a scratch!

How to NOT fly long range (3 min 31 sec)
Nov 22, 2021, 08:18 AM
Glad you got it back! Well done. No rescue mode activated? Very rewarding to get them back!

I lost my favorite custom build 3" this summer due to the same thing. I knew where it went down, but battery must have come off in crash as couldn't hear any beeps when I got there, and the area was covered in growth. Replaced it with an Explorer which is my first pre built quad. It would cost me more to build one than it cost.
Nov 22, 2021, 02:44 PM
I was trying to work out where you were flying from but lost my bearings without the home arrow.

What Tx/Rx protocol were you using? R9 / CRSF / ELRS ?
Nov 22, 2021, 04:49 PM
Gone with the Mistral
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman
No rescue mode activated?
No, I don't trust it yet. Maybe after some testing. Anyway, the Tx/Rx link was fine, even after the crash when the quad was in the tree, it is the video feed that cut very abruptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwenty
What Tx/Rx protocol were you using? R9 / CRSF / ELRS ?
I use a TBS crossfire micro Tx + a nano Rx.
Nov 22, 2021, 08:36 PM
anyone run the legacy v2 f4 FC with inav 3.0 and newer? Seems like the ESC is confused and it only runs 3 of 4 motors at a time. The "beta" firmware on 2.6.0 seems to work better.
Nov 24, 2021, 10:44 AM
I am trying to set up INav on my Explorer LR 4 F745 Nano. I see Flywoo have posted some firmware for iNav and this board. What is the point of this? Why would I use this? It just seems to flash with no settings configured -- I thought they might have compiled with default settings embedded but it seems not.

I assume I am best advised to use the latest stable inav 3 and just go from there -- or am I missing something? EDIT - I guess the answer as to why they posted iNav hex files is because their FCs were not supported but they now are.

I am much more familiar with Betaflight and Arducopter but I can pick through the iNav configurator.

Does anyone have an iNav CLI for the BNF F745 Analog Explorer Pro they wish to share?
Last edited by Marc Dornan; Nov 24, 2021 at 02:16 PM.
Dec 07, 2021, 01:05 PM
I use my Explorer for more proximity than long range. The stock Gemfam 4024's thin tips chip easily when you're shooting gaps. I was wondering if anyone has discovered a suitable, more durable option? I know range will decrease, and might need a different tune, but that's ok. Also, I wouldn't want the noise level to go up much.
Dec 12, 2021, 06:30 AM
Perhaps you can try the tri-blades: Gemfan Hurricane 4023 or HQ Prop Durable T4x2x3. Gemfans have a T-mount adaptor.
Dec 17, 2021, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought I'd better stick with 2 blades so I ordered these HQ Durable Prop T4x2.5 as they are very close to the originals in spec and have the name Durable! The tips are wider which is where the stock ones break. They should be here on the 20th, and once tested, I'll report back.

https://rotorgeeks.com/props/4-inch/...ble-prop-t4x25
Dec 18, 2021, 04:00 AM
Interesting props, looking forward to your review.
Dec 19, 2021, 02:20 AM
I like Spinning things
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicBomberman
I am curious about your results!

I have heard some (negative) things about JazzMavick - are there any advantages over Bluejay or JESC? Is it better to use the 96kHz or the 48kHz version, are there big differences on the Explorer in flight times or flight behaviour?
Hey sorry for the late response, I missed seeing this post earlier. Well the 2 test flights at home went fine, but I took it to Iceland with me and disaster on the first flight. Motor de-synced 2 mins in and went into a barrel roll of death. Luckily it crashed on a road and I used the DVR to locate it. Smashed up my antenna holder, blew open a LR li-ion battery, and some other stuff pretty bad, so I had to get innovative and 'toilet paper machete' and super glue parts back together to get flying again while on my trip. I changed the settings to lower startup esc power and switched to 48khz and no issues after that.

I caught some awesome video I'll post when I have time.

Quick Reply