This thread is privately moderated by ARGliding, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 22, 2020, 01:50 PM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Discussion

Where to start.....

well I made the decision that I'm going to teach myself. After visiting the "local" club, I'll save that $120 and figure it out. The guys there was super friendly and welcoming.(it helps to have a hot g/f with ya)😎😎😎 I will visit there off and on to say howdy and maybe learn something but not really interested in flying there. It's an hour away and of course has rules,lol. Now I'm not saying rules are bad but I'm the type that manages to bend them and break them pretty often.
So maybe later in life I'll visit that side of the hobby. So where to fly??? How about out back. We have 90 acres. Our animals and hunting dosent take it all up.
So build a airfield. Yhup that's what I'm doing. But that's for another time. Back to where am I going to begin. The sim, I'm going to go that route. There is really no question in which sim to get. So I looked at the newest version. Nope, can't do it. eBay here I come. Found version 4.5 and 5.5 with InterLink for $70. That'll do to get me some much needed stick time. So it got ordered, came in,installed and fired up. Works well. Boy oh boy is that reset button nice. I joke with my girl and yell out "that's another 300 bucks smashed in the ground." 146 hrs of sim time later that didn't happen as much. When it does it's all my fault and I know what I did wrong. But it's fun to try when you have that fancy reset button. I'm super comfortable and ready to fly. I purchased a Carbon Cub S from the "local" hobby. Great guys. The plane is together and hanging in the spare bedroom patiently waiting her turn to fly. I know I could get her up and back down safely without the use of the extra bells and whistles the CCs has. So what's the hold up, that airfield I spoke of. The landing strip needs a couple more drags before I'm happy. I don't need any other worries during the first few flights. So patience is the key young grasshopper.
Last edited by ARGliding; Aug 24, 2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: was wrong on my sim hrs
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2020, 08:04 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP

Bad Habits

I will admit that the RF sim is teaching me a bad habit as a new pilot. I'm getting very comfortable flying close to the ground. I say close, 80' and under. If I start getting up in the 150-200' range I can't see the plane well. I'm hoping in Real Life flight I'll be able to see much better. I know as a begginer I need to fly 3 mistakes high(whatever that is).

P.S. I got a few more drags on the landing strip yesterday. It's smoothing out nicely.

Quick Reply