This thread is privately moderated by ARGliding, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 22, 2020, 06:32 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Discussion

Just Dreaming

So this last year the flying bug bit me pretty hard. I remembered back to the mid-2000s when I moved in with a friend of a friend. It was tough times and I needed a place to stay pretty bad. First thing I noticed was some big nitro planes hanging in the garage. I commented and we chatted about them. I told him I always wanted to fly RC. First thing out of his mouth was "get the sim". I thought heck no I'm to cool for a sim. He told me you will spend alot of money in this hobby just learning.
He smashed his 1st three planes. He bought the sim and no longer smashed and crashed. That kind of made be a believer. Well money wasn't right, I had no computer. Fast forward 15-16 years. Like I said that bug bit pretty hard. I started doing a little research of what's out there and what's new. Wow what a change RC anything has made over the past 3 decades. I raced off road and a little tri oval growing up at a dark cave called Indy RC world (hey Steve). So I thought I would have a heads up getting into planes. Well all the electronics have changed alot. So there has been a lot of reading and comparing and reading and reading.
I enjoy learning new things so this has been a good time figuring out all the new technology. Stumbled across this place called rcgroups.com. Boy o boy what alot of help y'all have been, past and present members. Some have helped me directly while others don't even know they have helped. Big thanks to yall!!
So let's get this ball rolling. I'm chomping at the bit to go fly!!!
Latest blog entry: Just checking in
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply