Aug 21, 2020, 01:41 PM
Chris
Thread OP
Help!

Super Tigre G90 spray bar needed

Anyone happen to have a spare spay bar and high speed needle for a G90 Super Tigre glow engine that you are willing to part with? Have not
had any luck finding one (at least the spray bar) to replace mine.

Willing to pay reasonable price.

Thanks,
Chris
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2020, 04:02 PM
cat herder
You would probably have more luck looking for a complete carb...at least that is my opinion.
Aug 21, 2020, 07:23 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
There was a ST spraybar and needle in the classifieds recently.
Aug 21, 2020, 08:25 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfoxtrot
Anyone happen to have a spare spay bar and high speed needle for a G90 Super Tigre glow engine that you are willing to part with? Have not
had any luck finding one (at least the spray bar) to replace mine.

Willing to pay reasonable price.

Thanks,
Chris
I am a bit of a hoarder and I have a few Super Tigre engines. Anywhere from a 45 (which I gave away) through a 60, 75, 90 (both the 75 and 90 are lost in the forest), 2500 and a few 3000.

I do have some Super Tigre carburetors and some parts. However I have no idea which is which and what will work. I do know that the 60 to 3000 carburetors are interchangeable and very similar. With the exception that there is a sleeve go inside the carburetor barrels to decrease the inner diameter. I have also come across carburetor with different venturi diameters.

Here is a picture of the parts I have. I am not sure if any of that is useful for you. If you see something that may work let me know.

For my 90 that I lost in the forest I actually had an OS 7D carburetor on it. Yes the OS 7D carburetor will work on a Super Tigre from a 60 all the way to the 3000. Yes I have run my 60 and larger Super Tigre engines with the OS 7D carb. The idea is to use a sleeve on the OS carburetor neck since it is 1mm smaller in diameter than the SuperTigre carburetor mounting throat.
Aug 21, 2020, 09:24 PM
Chris ,

How about a part number , I may have what you need .

Mike1484
Aug 21, 2020, 10:19 PM
Scott
I have several Super Tigre carbs and parts, and no running engines left. Give me a throat diameter and if I have a carb that will fit you are welcome to it. I have some spray bars and high speed needles as well. Give me some carb info. I should have what you need.

Scott
Aug 22, 2020, 10:15 AM
Chris
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
I am a bit of a hoarder and I have a few Super Tigre engines. Anywhere from a 45 (which I gave away) through a 60, 75, 90 (both the 75 and 90 are lost in the forest), 2500 and a few 3000.

I do have some Super Tigre carburetors and some parts. However I have no idea which is which and what will work. I do know that the 60 to 3000 carburetors are interchangeable and very similar. With the exception that there is a sleeve go inside the carburetor barrels to decrease the inner diameter. I have also come across carburetor with different venturi diameters.

Here is a picture of the parts I have. I am not sure if any of that is useful for you. If you see something that may work let me know.

For my 90 that I lost in the forest I actually had an OS 7D carburetor on it. Yes the OS 7D carburetor will work on a Super Tigre from a 60 all the way to the 3000. Yes I have run my 60 and larger Super Tigre engines with the OS 7D carb. The idea is to use a sleeve on the OS carburetor neck since it is 1mm smaller in diameter than the SuperTigre carburetor mounting throat.
Thanks for the reply,
Mine looks like the carb on the bottom left (Mine has a throat of 15mm), The spray bar on the bottom right looks like mine (along with what ever needle fits in it).

Let me know what your willing to part with and what you want for them...

Thanks,
Chris
Aug 22, 2020, 10:23 AM
Chris
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylonracr
I have several Super Tigre carbs and parts, and no running engines left. Give me a throat diameter and if I have a carb that will fit you are welcome to it. I have some spray bars and high speed needles as well. Give me some carb info. I should have what you need.

Scott
Scott,
Thanks for the reply,

My carb throat is 15mm (.590") see pic for carb style.

Let me know if you have something that should work and what you want for it!

Thanks
Chris
Aug 22, 2020, 10:58 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
That’s a Mag IV I believe. The flat spraybar is used on .61 and bigger engines for more choke area. If you cannot find a flat one, a round one will work as-is, but can easily be modified with a dremel. I modified a round spraybar and ground flats into it and put it in a GS45. The later Mag carbs have the needle pressed into a knurled brass thumbscrew (there’s a term for it that escapes me) on the end. (Which is what the carb pictured above is) The older style use the wire needles and clamp nuts. The latter being easier to find as there are a lot of NOS parts out there as well as aftermarket sets.
Aug 22, 2020, 12:06 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfoxtrot
Thanks for the reply,
Mine looks like the carb on the bottom left (Mine has a throat of 15mm), The spray bar on the bottom right looks like mine (along with what ever needle fits in it).

Let me know what your willing to part with and what you want for them...

Thanks,
Chris
Ok so the spray bar on the bottom right of the picture looks like it may work. I will try and fit one of the needle on the left of the picture to see if any of them fit.

Send me a PM with your address and I will send you the parts. No guarantee they will work but at least it is a start.
Aug 22, 2020, 12:42 PM
Scott
I have this. If it will work PM me your address and I will send it to you.

Scott
Aug 22, 2020, 01:49 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
I have this. If it will work PM me your address and I will send it to you.

Scott
I think that should work also Scott. I am sending Christ the spray bar and a needle. I think the threaded portion on the spray bar is a little bit bent because the needle goes in a little tight. However they may work.

Between your carburetor and the needle and spray bar I am sending Chris I am sure he will get something to work.
Aug 22, 2020, 06:49 PM
Scott
Teamwork Hansen...
I will send the carb off within the next couple of days.

The charge is:
$3,475.95 for the carb
$872 for handling
$166.75 for shipping
$86.25 for packaging
$199.95 labor to put it in the box
$66.59 for mileage to drive to the post office
and finally $25 for BEER.

Don't worry about it Chris, it is yours.

Scott
Aug 22, 2020, 07:15 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Teamwork Hansen...
I will send the carb off within the next couple of days.

The charge is:
$3,475.95 for the carb
$872 for handling
$166.75 for shipping
$86.25 for packaging
$199.95 labor to put it in the box
$66.59 for mileage to drive to the post office
and finally $25 for BEER.

Don't worry about it Chris, it is yours.

Scott
Man you have cheap beer!
Aug 22, 2020, 07:20 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
Man you have cheap beer!
Yup! Cheap beer and free engine [parts]. Heís such a jackass sometimes.

I would buy Scott a beer every time I saw the guy.. If he didnít live so darn far away. Someday Iíll meet that big oaf. Maybe a good excuse to drive my v8 powered S-10 across the country so his blown alky big block can sneeze the wheels off of it.

Quick Reply