OMP Hobby Challenger PNP Balsa RC Airplane

The Challenger from OMP Hobby is a mid-sized balsa built airplane that is versatile enough to be used as a trainer and then progress into aerobatics and speedy sport flying.

Splash

Trainer, Aerobat, Speed, Under $200

The Challenger from OMP Hobby is a mid-sized balsa built airplane that is versatile enough to be used as a trainer and then progress into aerobatics and speedy sport flying. It's got a 46" wingspan and comes in a PNP version for $199.99. It has a Sunnysky 2820 1100kv motor, Eolo 12x6.5 prop, Eolo 40amp ESC and they recommend a 3s 2200mah 35c battery. They used a 4S lipo in the video below for greater speed and performance and the power system seems to handle that well too.

This is a great deal on a fun simple sport plane that can be ready to fly in 15 minutes by adding your own receiver and flight battery. If you've only flown foam aircraft, you might be surprised at how nice a sturdy balsa plane is to fly. What do you guys think of the Challenger from OMP?

Check out the OMP Hobby Challenger PNP Balsa RC Airplane Here

Aug 21, 2020, 03:53 PM
C.H.E.A.P
Sold out
Aug 22, 2020, 12:51 AM
Crashing with style since 1994
Great to see a company like this, succeed, reinventing the hobby and competing with innovative, great quality and price minded products. Their M2 heli is also a winner.! Good to have a company like this in our hobby. I predict a bright future for them. Congratulations for The great job done Guys.
Last edited by FLYINGBOXER; Aug 22, 2020 at 01:01 AM.
Aug 27, 2020, 07:10 PM
PSALM 14:1
I like everything about the plane EXCEPT the graphics/covering scheme
Aug 27, 2020, 08:15 PM
Rabid Rabbit
They need to have some inventory to sell
Aug 28, 2020, 07:25 PM
cmd
cmd
Color scheme looks great to me!
Aug 29, 2020, 03:53 PM
I Love 30mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Agreed... little too bolshevik for me lol...
Sep 16, 2020, 01:24 PM
How about offering a version without ESC and motor? Perhaps just as an ARF? It looks like I could have a pretty fun little plane out of it, but I don't fly electric and would prefer not to collect yet another ESC/Motor combo to clutter up my spare parts bin and never get used.

Looks like it'd fly great on a 25FX or 32AX too.

VEry strongly reminds me of the ubiquitous Stik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinAg
Agreed... little too bolshevik for me lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
I don't mind the red stars, but I don't like the really loud color scheme. Would rather it only be one or two colors. Also think it needs a canopy; same problem the Stik has.
Sep 16, 2020, 02:59 PM
Any idea when there might be stock available?

Dave

Quick Reply