Aug 20, 2020, 06:52 PM
Thread OP

Got Wind?

I need to ask a big favor!

Weather station is reporting wind direction, but not wind speed.

I'm not going to be out at the field for the next 4 or 5 days.

Can someone tell me if it looks like the anemometer paddles are spinning? Or do they appear to be locked or blocked. I'm trying to figure out if we have a bad sensor or if someone crashed their latest creation into the mast.

Please post a reply if you can help me out.

Thanks, Tristan
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2020, 11:29 AM
It is spinning. I didn't see any aircraft parts up there.
Aug 22, 2020, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Dave!

I'll contact Ambient and ask them if there is a quick fix. If not, we'll have to swap out the sensor pod under warranty.

For the time being you can check the camera for windsock view - https://webcam.io/webcams/z2BBOz

If you want to know atmospheric conditions (minus windspeed) - https://ambientweather.net/share/65LC7M
Aug 24, 2020, 03:35 PM
Got Wind?

I do. And it helps with social distancing.
Aug 24, 2020, 03:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashCrash View Post
Got Wind?

I do. And it helps with social distancing.
OMG - I guess I should have chosen my words better

FYI - I have a sensor reset procedure from the manufacturer. I will go out to the field one night this week and see if I can get the Anemometer working again.

Thanks guys!

Tristan

Quick Reply