This thread is privately moderated by wingloada, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 18, 2020, 08:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New CNC Foam cutter

Well...

It's been many years since I posted here. All said, things are fine and I hope to be here a bit more often than in the past few years. I hope you are all doing OK during these tough times.

My current project is building a CNC hot wire foam cutter based on rckeith's plans and instructions. I've wanted one of these since Kevin Sharbonda showed me his hand-built CNC cutter many years ago when I picked up the wing cores for my eSupra. I've now completed the build, run through the calibrating and testing and now I can cut very precise foam cores of all sizes. I have been testing the machine and software on very small wing panels just to see what the accuracy can be without using a lot of foam materials. The cutter is controlled by rckeith's GRBL HotWire Mega 5X for CNC Foam Cutters Windows application.

Here are a few videos of the cutter at work.

One
Two
Three
Last edited by wingloada; Sep 10, 2020 at 04:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2020, 12:48 AM
Great build Bill looks like you've got the hang of it. Thanks for the credits.
Keith

Quick Reply