Aug 31, 2020, 02:13 PM
OK Superhero it is the end of AUGUST any up dates ?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2020, 09:14 PM
Thread OP

Depron for sake 2020!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
So the last 6mm Depron that was available (I have a few sheets still in my stash) had a different finish on each side and the sheets all had a slight curl to them. Have you looked at the 6mm Depron and what is the quality? How many sheets per case of 6mm?

Hi glad to answer your questions! I am the new Depron Importer for the USA the website RcDepron.com ( we are linking to UPS right now will be up in a day or two). The finish looks beautiful and satiny /Looks the same on both sides to me. Also the sheets are Flat! the white Depron is about 5% lighter and more supple. Not as brittle and dry as before : ) . To me that equals better durability. QUALITY? to me is a TEN! out of TEN but everybody is free to have there own opinion. the (20) sheets in a case are GIANT!!! about 49.5" x 31" Price Is a new Low $139.95 the ground shipping in the USA is also a new Low at under $50.
Sep 01, 2020, 06:42 AM
Retired CAD guy
so ... $9.50 / sheet when all is said and done.
Sep 01, 2020, 08:22 AM
Just a bored guy
I'm guessing the 20 sheets is 6mm. I'm hoping the 3mm is in a 40 sheet case. It also sounds like you have white and black.
Sep 01, 2020, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsuperhero
Hi glad to answer your questions! I am the new Depron Importer for the USA the website RcDepron.com ( we are linking to UPS right now will be up in a day or two). The finish looks beautiful and satiny /Looks the same on both sides to me. Also the sheets are Flat! the white Depron is about 5% lighter and more supple. Not as brittle and dry as before : ) . To me that equals better durability. QUALITY? to me is a TEN! out of TEN but everybody is free to have there own opinion. the (20) sheets in a case are GIANT!!! about 49.5" x 31" Price Is a new Low $139.95 the ground shipping in the USA is also a new Low at under $50.
Thanks for the information rcsuperhero. Keep us posted when the site goes live.
Sep 03, 2020, 02:19 PM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
so ... $9.50 / sheet when all is said and done.
'IF" you were to ship to Canada it would be $20 a sheet.
Sep 03, 2020, 07:03 PM
Ken Stuhr
Waiting..............
Sep 03, 2020, 07:16 PM
Retired CAD guy
Yeah , I used to ship kits to Canada,
but then the shipping geniuses got involved
and NOBODY north of the boarder could afford the shipping.
Let alone the TAX .

It wasn't just Canada , I used to ship to many places around the planet but
recent shipping rates have put an end to ALL of THAT. I mean ALL !

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service

When I lived in WA state I went by Northwest Cutout Service.
There's probably still a few references in old PRE 2012 threads.
Sep 04, 2020, 07:35 PM
Yup, my RC rocket glider kits I sell ship in the US priority for a 24x12x4" box that weighs 1 lb 15 oz for $11 or so, to canada add an additional $35 at least, or additional $10 but with no insurance....to UK and australia, add $45 and I won't do non insured overseas....fedex and ups and dhl want about $90 overseas due to dimensional shipping, every once in a while someone overseas will ask and maybe 1 out of 10 will actually reply after I give them my cost quote....

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Yeah , I used to ship kits to Canada,
but then the shipping geniuses got involved
and NOBODY north of the boarder could afford the shipping.
Let alone the TAX .

It wasn't just Canada , I used to ship to many places around the planet but
recent shipping rates have put an end to ALL of THAT. I mean ALL !

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service

When I lived in WA state I went by Northwest Cutout Service.
There's probably still a few references in old PRE 2012 threads.
Sep 05, 2020, 10:03 AM
flyin' fool
Both my Crack Wing and Multiplex Funnycub were double the price to my door, but the Ultrix was reasonable.

Those were exceptions for me, I've got slabs of EPP and am a scratch builder at heart. But once I saw those birds fly on youtube, well ..................... I caved.
Sep 08, 2020, 08:36 PM
Ken Stuhr
Hey Super-- Kinda running behind on your website.......................is any of this real?
Sep 11, 2020, 10:08 AM
Just a bored guy
The site is up.

It's a bit rough though. A few suggestions:
- stock counter
- about/contact/shipping page
- individual product pages

I compared the price to size. Although it may seem a bit more expensive, the sheets being larger actually gives you about 13% more product than former offerings.
Sep 11, 2020, 08:21 PM
Has anyone actually placed an order? I'm ready to pull the trigger, but until there's an official "Open For Business", I'm not touching that cart with a 10 ft pole.
Sep 12, 2020, 08:02 PM
Ken Stuhr
Tried several times to order, but the Paypal login screen never opens, just loads and loads..........
Sep 12, 2020, 11:25 PM
Retired CAD guy
Ya know he might be in a Fire Zone.

Could be a bit too busy to worry about foam details.

Quick Reply