May 08, 2005, 12:44 PM
Thread OP

The Zephyr - Zephyrhills Florida - Labor Day Weekend - 3 Days

2005 Zephyr Electric Fly-In Festival (The Zephyr)
Sept 3-4-5
The Place to be this Labor Day Weekend

Spectators welcome - NO FEE (Everyone is welcome to come and watch)

All Electric Open Flying all day each day

Park flyers, helicopters, Scale, Acrobatic, Sport, Pattern, Big, Small. Slow, Fast. If it's electric and flys - bring it.

Saturday Night Fly
Demo Flying at noon each day
Good Food
Raffle
Pilot's Choice Awards

Vendors (Commercial & Swap) Welcome -No FEE (Advance Registration) $5 late entry fee if you register at the event
Pilot's landing fee: $5.00 each Day or $10.00 for all 3 days (Advance Registration) $5 late entry fee if you register at the event.

Hosted by: Zephyrhills Can-Am Flyers ( http://www.can-amflyers.org)
Where: Club Field

Info, contact Event Coordinator: Dick Scott
Tel: 813-779-4091
email: [email protected]

For lots more information, details and Advance Registration Visit:
The Zephyr official web site: http://www.zeff.info
Last edited by flybd; May 09, 2005 at 01:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2005, 09:27 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guy,

If you have been to the "Zephyr" official web site (http://www.zeff.info/), you would have noticed that it is still under construction. I just wanted to let you know that as info is posted or updated there, that I will try to let you know that information on this thread.

The first update is that we have our first Vendor to sign on. Dick Scott, our Event Director, said that Jeffrey Goodman of JGRC (http://www.jgrc.biz/) has mark his calendar for the "Zephyr" Labor Day Weekend. Jeff carries a large inventory of electric r/c items. If you have not visited his online store, check it out. His vendor booth is always busy at the events he attends. Welcome aboard Jeff.

Joe
Jun 07, 2005, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Overnight parking update:

OK'd today: If you are planning to attend the Zephyr and have an RV, you will be able to overnight park on the grounds. There will be security all weekend. Sorry, there are no utilities on site. More info to be posted on the Zephyr web site: www.zeff.info

Joe
Jun 28, 2005, 09:52 PM
Thread OP
Update!!!

Things are starting to get exciting at our Event Coordinator's house. Dick Scott, who we call "Santa", informs me that there has been close to $2500.00 in donations from our growing list of sponsors. He said it is like Christmas.

For those who do not know Dick Check out the "Zephyr" Staff Page on the Zephyr Web Site. to find out why we call him Santa.

For a detailed list of sponsors and their donations visit the sponsors' page at www.zeff.info

Don't forget you can sign up on the "Zephyr" advance pilot registration page to save $5.00 in landing fees and to be entered in the daily door prizes for advance registered pilots. This also helps us in planning

Joe
Jul 25, 2005, 06:21 PM
We've had so much fun at SEFF the past two years, we have decided to give ZEFF a try. Any excuse to vacation in sunny Florida. I hope to see a lot of our friends from SEFF their.

Best Regards,

Jamie Baker
Starluck RC
Jul 27, 2005, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
Welcome aboard Jamie:

Part of the reasoning behind the decision by the "Zephyr" Committee to hold the "Zephyr" on Labor Day weekend was that there was a real need for a fall event like "SEFF". We too hope you will see a lot of our friends from "SEFF" at our event. I see that Gary Wright has signed on to attend. This should be a fun time for all.

Joe
Jul 28, 2005, 04:15 AM
I also will donate something,.. just dunno what yet I'll bring some kits with me and decide at that time.
Latest blog entry: blog
Aug 05, 2005, 04:20 AM
Thread OP
Many thanks Gary, your offer to donate has been posted on the "Zephyr" website www.zeff.info sponsor page. We look forward to your participation.

The donations for the Raffle keep arriving from the "Zephyr's" wonderful sponsors. The great items in the raffle are going to make some people very happy.

There has been a lot of interest from the Helicopter community and even a couple of controline queries. Remember: If it is electric powered and it flies, bring it to the "Zephyr" and have some fun. We will do our best to accommodate all.

BarnstormerOnline.com , Florida's Premier Model Aviation Internet Portal, announced that it will be sponsoring an award for the BEST NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCED AT THE ZEPHYR. To qualify the product must be shown for the first time in it's production form to the general public at the "Zephyr". Participating Pilots will vote for their choice. This prestige's honor is to be awarded annually. This award will be in addition to the Pilot's Choice Award.

Check out the official website www.zeff.info for more details

See you at the "Zephyr".
Aug 12, 2005, 08:19 AM
Can't find location or directions to the field.

Ron
Aug 12, 2005, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer-Ron
Can't find location or directions to the field.
Hi Ron:

Go to this link http://www.zeff.info/map_&_directions.htm and you should find it. Let me know if you have any more questions. While you are there, check out the sponsor's page. More stuff added today. Don't forget to advance register online to be entered for the door prize.

Joe
Aug 14, 2005, 09:12 PM
Joe,

Thanks.

Ron
Aug 17, 2005, 04:43 AM
Thread OP

Early arrivals and overnight parking update:

If you are planning to attend the "Zephyr" and staying on the event grounds, the gates will be open Friday afternoon (Sept. 2) for early arrivals. There will be security on location all weekend. Sorry, there are no utilities on site. More info posted on the Zephyr web site: www.zeff.info.

See you at the “Zephyr”,
Joe
Aug 26, 2005, 11:35 PM
Thread OP

Important Update

The Advance Pilot Registration deadline has been extended. Due to the effects and loss of power in parts of Florida caused by Hurricane Katrina the close of registration is now midnight September 1 2005. This will afford pilots affected by Hurricane Katrina the chance to still get in on the special drawing for pilots who register in advance.

The drawing is schedule to take place during Saturday's pilots meeting. The special door prize is a PHOENIX-45 sensorless brushless motor control donated by Castle Creations.

Joe
Aug 29, 2005, 03:37 PM

Role Call

Joe,

What's the estimated pilot turnout for Saturday? I'm trying to decide if I should drive 2 hours from Orlando to attend.

Thanks,
Chuck
Aug 29, 2005, 05:46 PM
Timelord
Chuck,

I think their is about 25 registered pilots per the website.

I think you should come out. I drove 2 hrs for the event a r/c world.

Quick Reply