Aug 17, 2020, 10:38 AM
Thread OP
Help!

I need the update file for my DX8 Gen2

Hello together,

I tried to register (several times and several email adresses) at spektrumrc.com but it doesnt work since yesterday.

Can somone send me the update file for the DX8 Gen2? I need the file to progamm my
new AR637T reciever.

I would be so happy to get it.

Thank you
Christoph
Last edited by cobra4711; Aug 17, 2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Changed Title
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2020, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
figured it out to login and downloaded the file.

There it says it only works with the registered product:

Note: All software files are unique to the serial number registered online and will only work with the matching transmitter. Using an SAX file created from a different account or serial number will fail.

so it wouldn´t be possible to get the file from somone else.

Best regards
Christoph
Aug 18, 2020, 03:39 PM
I kind of have the same problem
Tried to make an account to download the firmware and they never emailed me the “verify” email link
Started this last Thursday — still no email
How did you get it to work?

And yes I checked my spam filter ��
Last edited by kman1911; Aug 18, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
Aug 19, 2020, 03:30 PM
Thread OP
Hello kman,

i was calling them via their support hotline (from Germany to USA via skype). It took me forever. You have to wait about an hour to get out of the waiting line and speek to some one. In parallel i wrote them a massage on ther homepage and somone activated my account manualy. This actually was the solution and it is working now.

best regards
Christoph
Aug 19, 2020, 05:34 PM
Thank you
I will try the homepage method
I don’t think you can even call them from the US right now
They still haven’t emailed me the validation link
Tomorrow will be 1 week ( it was supposed to be a 15 minute thing —- haha )
Aug 26, 2020, 10:00 AM
I just registered and updated my new 8 Gen2 using the SD card method and the *xml file and it went through right away and I got the email validation in 5 minutes! I did send them a comment that the serial number is almost illegible to my tired old eyes and the SD file method was the only way to do it. I am quite surprised that (a) there is no computer software program to alter models and settings on the computer and then put them on the SD card (my JR Tx had such a thing over 10 years ago) and (b) that in this day and age I cannot just communicate my Tx with a USB connector.

Quick Reply