Aug 15, 2020, 09:45 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Thread OP
Discussion

Liperior LiPo’s – There’s a new player in the LiPo market - LOW prices too

John Julian (jj604) and I were contacted late last year and asked if we would assist in testing and advising on his new line of batteries called Liperior and Liperior pro. Sure, we enjoy doing that and knew this contact would not throw some crappy packs our way and hoping for our “seal of approval”. Richard knew he wouldn’t get that anyway. We both do very controlled objective testing and If either of us found the packs coming up short we would say so.

Check out https://rcbattery.com/ and note their warehouse is in the Los Angeles area so shipping will be much faster and easier than coming from China.

Anyone that remembers Richard from Hobby King will recall he really tried, and succeeded, in improving quality and consistency in batteries at Hobby King. Due to restructuring and the closing of several offices including the main office in Sydney Australia, he was out of a job in mid-2019.
What’s a man to do? A wife. Kids. Mortgage. Well, he knows batteries and battery manufactures and enjoyed managing the battery lines at his previous job so why not take a jab at a new company and continue doing what he does best. Great batteries at great prices.

OK, let’s break this down. Coming in at an average of 27C with the ESR Mark II meter, which is a conservative C rating, they are not as strong as the top performers we have seen come to market in the past but equal to or better than most. Around 35C continuous should be attainable in real life applications but for the average user these will fit any budget.
Richard is constantly working with his suppliers to get better quality and we have seen this two times already in 2020 so I only expect better cells over time.

As the late-night TV sales guys always said: “But wait, there’s more” so But wait, there’s more… Look at these crazy low prices I just snagged from https://rcbattery.com/ which just opened today (Saturday, August 15, 2020 and check this… Free shipping on all orders over $99.

Check out these GREAT prices that I snagged from their website:

Liperior 600mAh 1S 35C 3.7V LiPo Battery for $2.99
Liperior 500mAh 2S 25C 7.4V LiPo Battery for $2.99
Liperior 500mAh 3S 25C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $5.99
Liperior 1300mAh 3S 35C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $9.99
Liperior 2200mAh 3S 25C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $7.99
Liperior 2200mAh 3S 35C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $8.99
Liperior 4000mAh 2S 35C 7.4V LiPo Battery for $14.99
Liperior 3300mAh 3S 40C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $19.99
Liperior 4000mAh 3S 25C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $21.99
Liperior 5000mAh 3S 65C 11.1V LiPo Battery for $26.99
Liperior 5000mAh 4S 35C 14.8V LiPo Battery for $31.99
Liperior 5000mAh 6S 35C 22.2V LiPo Battery for $48.99

Liperior 2100mAh 2s 20C 6.6V LiFe Transmitter Battey Pack for $11.99

As you can see, these are priced as low or lower as the best deals you can find ANYWHERE online and the difference is these are great cells. Check them out. Batteries, chargers and accessories and more lines to be added as inventory comes in and all at stupid crazy rock bottom prices.
Check them out at their newly opened store https://rcbattery.com/

Check out MCSGUY's test reports on a 6S 5000mAh pack here --> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=10119

As for cycle life, I have been stating for over 3 years now that the lower the IR the longer the cycle life. To back this up I tested a small 450mAh 6S pack with 40c discharges and 4c charges and finally had to end this test at 1312 cycles as that is when it FINALLY lost 20% capacity. That took over 3 months folks. (image of me panting) What truly amazes me is it still delivered 40c constant without producing excessive heat and well under my 150F cutoff on discharges.
Will the other sizes produce the same results at 40c discharges? I don’t know as my tester can only discharge up to 30 amps so time will tell. If like the original Graphene’s before it, my money says YES.

Anyone that had a warranty issue resolved by Richard at his previous employer knows that he is a man of high standards and morals. I met him for dinner in Sydney in March of 2019 before my wife and I left on a cruise and he really impressed me. What is says online is what he really does.
He will stand behind every battery he sells for the duration of the warranty period.

Taken from their website:

OUR MISSION
Everyone deserves the best at an affordable Price!

WHO WE ARE
At RCBattery.com we believe that everyone deserves to have the best for the most affordable price, this is why we started RCBattery.com, and what fuels our vision of providing the best quality product, serves and price.

We saw a void in the market for RC hobbyists who were looking for a premium RC Battery without a premium price tag. This motivates us — inspires us — to do what we do. All our staff are committed to putting you first, everyone from the management team, to our warehouse staff believe in our vision.
We aren’t reinventing the wheel we are just making it better and more affordable.

Being a small company, just starting up, we have a lot to prove and we are excited to put our best foot forward. From one hobbyist to another, we guarantee you that we will offer you the best service and the best products at the best prices.
“ We won’t stop pushing ahead, because you won’t stop pushing ahead.
Keep racing!!!! ”

History Behind Your Batteries

At RCBattey.com we source our batteries from one of the worlds most advanced LiPo battery developers. They have been the market leaders in research and development, specializing in Remote Control batteries for Planes, Drones, Jump Start Kits, and Power Tool Batteries.
Investing years in research and development, with their unique research lab, they have been able to deliver enhanced technology in high rate lithium polymer batteries to the world.

This has seen the factory win several global awards for their technology developments and acquired patents for inventions their dedicated R & D teams have created.

Most notable achievement is, being one of the first manufacturers who launched the 80C continuous discharge high-rate polymer batteries, setting a new standard in the industry. They also own unique polymer battery pole piece material processing and sealing technology. This is just one of the examples of how they deliver world-class technology ahead of their competitors.

As a global company they serve customers in 98% of countries and their products have international authentication.
Their presence continues to grow within the United States and European markets and continue to provide solutions as an OEM for many well-known brands in those markets.

Just like RCBattery.com they have a customer-centric operation system, developed high-quality, high-performance products, and introduced advanced global automatic and semi-automatic production equipment and precision testing instruments. Strong production and R & D capabilities provide strong guarantee for continuously optimizing product production and improving product quality. This is one of the many reasons they remain the leaders that continue to inspire growth in the industry.

When you purchase a battery from RCBattery.com you will have the peace of mind knowing that you are getting a market leading battery that has decades of research and development behind it.

Rick
Last edited by rampman; Aug 15, 2020 at 10:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2020, 09:46 AM
Thread OP

A little behind the scenes info

Not usually known to us end users is what goes on behind the scenes to bring a new battery line to market. Here is only a very high level glimpse at this. I am omitting the comments that lead up to broken keyboards and anything with &*($% and such. LOL

In late 2019 Richard decided to open a LiPo battery business and things were moving alone quite well and then it hits. The Covid-19 Pandemic.
Production stopped - Shipping stopped - Travel stopped – emails went unanswered to China factories – The world as we knew of it… no longer existed.
Unknowingly, Richard picked the WORSE TIME to open a new business but was so far into this that he could not stop or all investment to that point would be lost.

And to add to Richards dismay, the first batch was not up to expectations with a few caveats. The little 450 mAh was amazing where I succeeded in life cycling at 40c discharges and 4c charging for 1312 cycles until I finally lost 20% capacity. NICE!!!

Not so for the 1300 pack as I could only pull 30c cycles, but the heat pushed 65c/149f temperatures.
Back to the drawing board – poor Richard.

Another batch was received about 2 months later and these were tested and proved to be a better, but the biggest issue found was not in the cells but in the assembly phase as some packs were not matched perfectly. John had a few more suspect packs than I as out of 25 packs, I only had 2 packs that had a minor variance of IR. For me it did not matter as my planes do not push packs but on a tester at really high C discharges they could show where this mattered. My tester did not complain at 30 amp discharges.

In February I questioned if the 5000mAh packs should have 8-gauge discharge wires to the XT90 connectors and suggested a change, but it was decided not to as that makes them harder to handle when installing and removing them from planes. That is a correct statement, so the 10-gauge wires were kept.
Joe (MCSGUY) did some heavy-duty testing on some early release 6S 5000mAh packs and found the wires heated up too much and he found some of that was caused by poor soldering where the 10-gauge wires attached to the cell tabs. He found a small overlap of wire length onto the cell tabs. We are talking about a 50c discharge so to the average user, well, we would never see a problem with this but then there is “Joe”. LOL

To quote Joe “To summarize, the Panther of today appears to be the 65C Graphene of 2018. Not only is the weight similar at 880g but the performance is very close also. I'd consider it a weak 50C pack as opposed to the original 65C Graphene which I believe was a strong 50C. So the Panther is not what it was. The Liperior 75C barely squeaked by as a 50C, in fact the cell matching displayed under that load was considerably under par and on that alone I'd say it's more of a 45C unit. However had the cell matching been where it should have been it would have competed at the top end very well against the Panther, especially as it's weight was 20g less at 860g”

This 6S 5000 mAh pack sells for only $67.99 so how bad can it be? Not bad at all.
At that price by today’s standards (and other than Joe and a small handful of large EDF guys), who is wanting to fly for 40 seconds and landing?

https://rcbattery.com/ is open for business. Check them out

Rick
Last edited by rampman; Aug 15, 2020 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Added info
Aug 15, 2020, 11:13 AM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
This is what sells me...

WHO WE ARE
At RCBattery.com we believe that everyone deserves to have the best for the most affordable price, this is why we started RCBattery.com, and what fuels our vision of providing the best quality product, serves and price.

We saw a void in the market for RC hobbyists who were looking for a premium RC Battery without a premium price tag. This motivates us — inspires us — to do what we do. All our staff are committed to putting you first, everyone from the management team, to our warehouse staff believe in our vision.

We aren’t reinventing the wheel we are just making it better and more affordable.

Being a small company, just starting up, we have a lot to prove and we are excited to put our best foot forward. From one hobbyist to another, we guarantee you that we will offer you the best service and the best products at the best prices.

“ We won’t stop pushing ahead, because you won’t stop pushing ahead.
Keep racing!!!! ”

All of it really IMO..
When I see a new company push to deliver to a great product at low prices to help us have more fun, gets my money 100% of the time..
To many mark batteries 50-100% over cost, sometimes more to make profits as the their main goal.
When you put customers first, you will always win!
Richard has access to some of if not the best batteries on the market and at these prices this is very exciting!

Rick, is Richard going to be starting a thread here at rcgroups or is this going to be the one for us to chat in?
Aug 15, 2020, 11:51 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman

Joe (MCSGUY) did some heavy-duty testing on some early release 6S 5000mAh packs and found the wires heated up too much and he found some of that was caused by poor soldering where the 10-gauge wires attached to the cell tabs. He found a small overlap of wire length onto the cell tabs. We are talking about a 50c discharge so to the average user, well, we would never see a problem with this but then there is “Joe”. LOL

To quote Joe “To summarize, the Panther of today appears to be the 65C Graphene of 2018. Not only is the weight similar at 880g but the performance is very close also. I'd consider it a weak 50C pack as opposed to the original 65C Graphene which I believe was a strong 50C. So the Panther is not what it was. The Liperior 75C barely squeaked by as a 50C, in fact the cell matching displayed under that load was considerably under par and on that alone I'd say it's more of a 45C unit. However had the cell matching been where it should have been it would have competed at the top end very well against the Panther, especially as it's weight was 20g less at 860g”

This 6S 5000 mAh pack sells for only $67.99 so how bad can it be? Not bad at all.
At that price by today’s standards (and other than Joe and a small handful of large EDF guys), who is wanting to fly for 40 seconds and landing?

https://rcbattery.com/ is open for business. Check them out

Rick
Rick, I'm crushed! I'll have you know I can get a full 90 seconds with a little throttle management

Seriously, I am hard on packs when I do eval, no doubt about it. It stems from the years we were so blatantly lied to. Smoking a liar's pack was my form of revenge. However Richard is a big part of why we now do have packs available able to handle the big loads. He helped provide a new standard which, from my perspective raised the bar across the board.

But not only did Richard hit bad timing with the COVID he also sent me packs right when I was starting to recognize some packs tested well at high C but faded out quickly, maybe after a dozen performance flights (for me that's around a 160 amp average flight). So naturally I started repeat testing (some) packs at 250 amps to accelerate the "fade" and started tracking voltage. OMG! When you look at retaining voltage under load there's still a bunch of faker's being sold. Now I'm dealing with "survival C" vs. "performance C" issues. Today many packs over 800g will handle high C, but the new question for EDF speed freaks like me is how fast can the plane go at high loads? If the first WOT pass drops cell voltage temporally down to 3.4v you might as well be flying an old Ford Pinto

So I'm here to report, forget the early balance issues with the first prototypes, that's ancient history. And I routinely melt power leads off most packs, it's just one of my many eccentricities endearing qualities. Unless you plan flying a "40 second" 250A rocket, FaGet about it! The Liperior cells run with the Bulls. They're the real deal. The fact Richard appears to be selling "A" grade packs at prices lower then CNHL's generally "B" grade product line is the real story. I hope he can still pay the mortgage doing so because the real winners are US

Joe
Last edited by MCSGUY; Aug 15, 2020 at 12:11 PM.
Aug 15, 2020, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Rick, is Richard going to be starting a thread here at rcgroups or is this going to be the one for us to chat in?
Good question.
He is going to use this thread for all of his comments and support.
Hey, will he still be HobbyKingRichard?
[Devils Horns]

Rick
Aug 15, 2020, 01:43 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
Quote:
Good question.
He is going to use this thread for all of his comments and support.
Hey, will he still be HobbyKingRichard?
[Devils Horns]

Rick
Very good!
Happy for this guy bringing these to market...
I've talked to Richard in the past through emails when he was at HK, guy has great customer service skills..
Aug 15, 2020, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Where are they based?
Aug 15, 2020, 03:49 PM
Is there any code to get the free shipping?

Thought I'd try a couple 5000 mah packs and see how they do for me since many of the other options I was looking at are backordered or unavailable.

The website is charging me shipping.
Aug 15, 2020, 04:59 PM
First let me start off by saying welcome to RCBattery.com I hope you guys will love the quality of our packs, we aim to deliver a high-quality pack for a reasonable price because as we say in our mission statement everyone deserves the best at a reasonable price.

I will be available for any question you have on here otherwise feel free to email me at [email protected] anytime. I will try and get back to you personally as soon as possible.

I also want to say a big thank you to the guys that did independent testing on the packs, John (JJ604), Rick (Rampman) Joe (MCSGUY) and Chris (Race Miata). Also thank you to Rick for starting this thread I really appreciate it.
Aug 15, 2020, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizer67
Is there any code to get the free shipping?

Thought I'd try a couple 5000 mah packs and see how they do for me since many of the other options I was looking at are backordered or unavailable.

The website is charging me shipping.
Hi Mizer67

The free shipping is from $99 and above, you don't need a code. Which 5000mAh packs are you trying to purchase and what is the total?

Regards
Richard
Aug 15, 2020, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
Rick, I'm crushed! I'll have you know I can get a full 90 seconds with a little throttle management

Seriously, I am hard on packs when I do eval, no doubt about it. It stems from the years we were so blatantly lied to. Smoking a liar's pack was my form of revenge. However Richard is a big part of why we now do have packs available able to handle the big loads. He helped provide a new standard which, from my perspective raised the bar across the board.

But not only did Richard hit bad timing with the COVID he also sent me packs right when I was starting to recognize some packs tested well at high C but faded out quickly, maybe after a dozen performance flights (for me that's around a 160 amp average flight). So naturally I started repeat testing (some) packs at 250 amps to accelerate the "fade" and started tracking voltage. OMG! When you look at retaining voltage under load there's still a bunch of faker's being sold. Now I'm dealing with "survival C" vs. "performance C" issues. Today many packs over 800g will handle high C, but the new question for EDF speed freaks like me is how fast can the plane go at high loads? If the first WOT pass drops cell voltage temporally down to 3.4v you might as well be flying an old Ford Pinto

So I'm here to report, forget the early balance issues with the first prototypes, that's ancient history. And I routinely melt power leads off most packs, it's just one of my many eccentricities endearing qualities. Unless you plan flying a "40 second" 250A rocket, FaGet about it! The Liperior cells run with the Bulls. They're the real deal. The fact Richard appears to be selling "A" grade packs at prices lower then CNHL's generally "B" grade product line is the real story. I hope he can still pay the mortgage doing so because the real winners are US

Joe
Joe thanks for your kind words buddy, as I have said previously we want to deliver a quality pack for a reasonable price.

I have been in the Lipo game for a while now and I have seen exorbitant pricing has been charged for packs. I can still pay the mortgage and sell you great quality low priced packs hahahah. 

We are always working with the factory to develop even better packs as well as maintaining the low pricing 
Aug 15, 2020, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Very good!
Happy for this guy bringing these to market...
I've talked to Richard in the past through emails when he was at HK, guy has great customer service skills..

Thanks Brushless55, appreciate your kind words. Always happy to help.
Aug 15, 2020, 05:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBatteryRichard
6 posts...I wouldn't trust this newbie.

Rick
Aug 15, 2020, 06:06 PM
Quote:
6 posts...I wouldn't trust this newbie.

Rick
Agree
Aug 15, 2020, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Too many mark batteries 50-100% over cost, sometimes more to make profits as the their main goal.
When you put customers first, you will always win!

Sounds like a good battery and a good company. I realize that the statements above are often repeated and sound good. However, as both a business person and business teacher, I want to clarify that all companies should have profit as their end goal (unless they are a charity). Otherwise it is impossible to provide value to customers, paychecks for employees or contribute taxes to the community. Not only is profit necessary to create a viable business, it's the very foundation of our vibrant free market system. Of course, no business can succeed without consistently providing unique value to their customers - but that is the (only proven) method of reliably achieving their goal in the long-run, not the goal itself.

If this company can provide the market (all of us) with great batteries at a great price, while compensating their employees and suppliers appropriately, we should all hope the founder and any investors are rewarded with a handsome profit for figuring out how to do so (whether through innovation, clever design, increased efficiency or a novel business model).
Last edited by Markran; Aug 15, 2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply