Nov 11, 2020, 08:18 AM
Thread OP
Great effort, So you can buy a Rib made in fiberglass, from Poland, I didn't think anybody made one when I started this thread.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2020, 04:05 PM
Tug Hercules Fireman
Martin Sievers also makes four nice RIBs;

http://www.modellbau-sievers.de/

on left side select; Baukästen

Then select;

Atlantic 21 (11th Row)

or

Zoll - Kontrollboot "VITT" Maßstab: 1:10 (4th Row)

or

Rettungsboot "Donateur" (4th Row)

or

Tender Jet "Krake" Maßstab: 1:10 (7th Row)

Occasionally WEB Site acts up, and You have to select Boat image, a couple of time, to see the images.
Last edited by Tug Hercules; Nov 11, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Nov 12, 2020, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
Amazing,. Like waiting for a bus and two come together! Thanks for the link.
Nice fisheries patrol boat in this pic.
Nov 14, 2020, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
My new tfl outboard arrived so I have been adding the extended middle section. So no time for this project, but now that's done I can crack on.
No word from James on the 1/6th outboard , no reply to emails, guess my only option is another extended tfl,. Maybe use the 15mm extension as any longer might look odd.
Last edited by returntohome; Nov 14, 2020 at 01:42 AM.
Nov 17, 2020, 01:32 AM
Thread OP

Deck

Made the deck like the last one with the same catch. This time the console will be mounted on the deck which leaves more room to get inside when removed.
It suprises me how quick the hull comes together, more time is spent on the details which is the real fun bit.
Nov 19, 2020, 01:19 AM
Thread OP

Console

Not sure why but for this larger model they decided to fabricate the console from sheet aluminium, which gives it a boxy look, less curves.
Nov 21, 2020, 11:57 AM
Thread OP

Crew

Before I could decide on the console height I needed a crew. I bought these ages ago and was going to sell them, because the lower legs were out of scale by 20mm too long. However I got them for only 12 pounds the pair so I chopped the legs off removed 20mm sat them at the right height and epoxied the legs back on in nice sitting position. Can anyone identify the figures?
The white one will be painted, also they both have a jacket I can fit when finished.
Nov 22, 2020, 03:31 PM
Thread OP

Console

Made a start on the console in aluminium ,took my time because I wanted the size to be just right.
Nov 23, 2020, 01:43 PM
Thread OP

Console

I didn't know it would be so hard to make from aluminium. So many angles to match up, still it'll be worth the effort.
Nov 24, 2020, 02:03 PM
Thread OP

Console

Coming together, pleased with it so far, going to make it easier by not having an opening, been there, done that.
Nov 26, 2020, 11:14 AM
Thread OP

Console

Getting some paint on now, I have cut a hole in the deck to allow this to be bolted down.
Dec 03, 2020, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
A few days ago I had 3 trys at making the windscreen using heat to bend round a former, all failed in that the heat damaged the plastic. So I took to making shelves for the workshop, which can be seen in the photo, I like doing stuff like this, All I need now is something to fill them😀. So back to the rib, going to try gluing all five pieces together.
Dec 05, 2020, 01:27 PM
Thread OP

Console

Think progress is being made. Whilst buying gas for the workshop fire I saw some glue for hard plastic. Whilst it worked it had a strange effect , it found tiny fissures in the plastic. As this reflected light it looked a mess hence I added litho to hide it and look like framing. Spent a lot of time on this bit, but then that's the fun of model making.
Dec 07, 2020, 06:40 AM
Thread OP

Console

Got it bolted to the deck, so it's ready for details later on. Still waiting for the auto bailer from China ,then I can move on.
Dec 08, 2020, 01:29 AM
From Germany
Looks really great! Supi!
For the shield: have you tried canopy glue? I normally use this for glueing in the windows out of acrylic Glas
Chris

Quick Reply