Sep 08, 2020, 10:23 AM
I would sure like to see how the batteries go in.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2020, 11:54 AM
when you remove the canopy there is a large secondary hatch that slides rearward for removal. The batteries (or fuel tank) go in that space. I'm sorry i don't have a final picture but the attached shows this area. This picture is from an early prototype, so there are differences, some you can see, some you cannot. The battery area and front hatch were not changed, so this is how that section is
Latest blog entry: blog
Sep 08, 2020, 11:56 AM
Before someone points it out,..no there aren't pushrods connecting ailerons. We changed to 4-servos rather than servos only on the bottom

This was a very early prototype from about a year and a half ago but it's the only picture I have here showing the battery area and front hatch, so I used it
Sep 10, 2020, 07:47 AM
AMA 7224
Big box came yesterday. Rain has topless Jeep in garage/shop for a bit so the space is goofed up right now.
Sep 10, 2020, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadchucker
Big box came yesterday. Rain has topless Jeep in garage/shop for a bit so the space is goofed up right now.
what size is the actual box please? my supplier in the UK won't have one for another few weeks and i would like to work out the postage costs as it is done by volume and also there are size categories.
Sep 10, 2020, 09:28 AM
AMA 7224
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
what size is the actual box please? my supplier in the UK won't have one for another few weeks and i would like to work out the postage costs as it is done by volume and also there are size categories.

62"L x 26" W x 14" H or 1574 mm x 635 mm x 337 mm
Sep 10, 2020, 11:02 AM
Quote:
62"L x 26" W x 14" H or 1574 mm x 635 mm x 337 mm
Thankyou.
Sep 11, 2020, 10:04 PM
AMA 7224
Now waiting for the big giant heads to decide on power plant options. I can start assembly and install servos soon I suppose I would like to do any epoxy work while we have fairly warm weather.
Sep 14, 2020, 06:45 AM
I'm an electric guy so always gravitate that way. It's the most powerfull setup but rarely go above half throttle so it's excess that really isn't used much. The DLE60 twin has more than enough performance and flights are far longer. Ali has flown all the prototype thus has a lot of flight time onthe plane and he's installing the twin saito in his personal build which will be even less power but as we've seen from the one in Germany it's still more than needed. Everyone has their preferences and I can't really say one is better than the other. I like electric, flight time is great with gas,.. the Saito sounds oh so wonderfull,.. all have plenty of performance.
Sep 14, 2020, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
I'm an electric guy so always gravitate that way. It's the most powerfull setup but rarely go above half throttle so it's excess that really isn't used much. The DLE60 twin has more than enough performance and flights are far longer. Ali has flown all the prototype thus has a lot of flight time onthe plane and he's installing the twin saito in his personal build which will be even less power but as we've seen from the one in Germany it's still more than needed. Everyone has their preferences and I can't really say one is better than the other. I like electric, flight time is great with gas,.. the Saito sounds oh so wonderfull,.. all have plenty of performance.

i'm not an electric know all, but would it be better to fit a smaller motor in the pitts for average power and get longer flight times or does throttling back achieve the same thing ?
Sep 14, 2020, 11:12 AM
Loco,.. it's ~almost~ the same. the major differences are that 1)you're flying with more weight with the larger motor, 2) you have more mass in the larger motor to sink heat into, so if you flew it with reduced throttle to achieve same performance level, it's going to run much cooler than the smaller motor,.. and the biggie, 3), self control,..i.e. it's difficult to run the throttle that much lower to approximate less power, when in the back of your head you know there are a lot of horses available .
Last edited by GWRIGHT; Sep 14, 2020 at 01:19 PM.
Sep 14, 2020, 04:44 PM
AMA 7224
Am I right in figuring this is a 1/3 size or 4" scale Pitts? This is for purposes of Callie making new graphics
Sep 15, 2020, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Am I right in figuring this is a 1/3 size or 4" scale Pitts? This is for purposes of Callie making new graphics
allegedly, but the tail feathers have grown a bit by my understanding
Sep 15, 2020, 04:52 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I would have no concerns with this model on a nice Rim Fire 65 and 2x 6 cells 5000 packs .
I have seen the Giant H9 Zero fly on epower and it was noting less then spectacular !
We have two guys at our field that just punched the model and will fly gas , so I am waiting to see their models for an opinion on epower set up.
I typically fly warbirds but this is very attractive lol
Sep 15, 2020, 08:25 AM
Quote:
30% or 3.6" to foot

Quick Reply