Aug 13, 2020, 03:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

OMPHobby Challenger - A 46 inch balsa sporty, combat, trainer PNP airplane?

No, I'm not really sure what to call it, yes, it's all of those things.

Earlier this week we went out and did a bunch of recording. Here's the first of a few videos to come out of that!

Receiver ready for UNDER $200 ! We get the guys together and go fly some new OMP products. The Challenger was a nice surprise with how well a new airplane pilot could handle it on low rates and equally surprising for how well Donnie was able to rip it around! We say 49 inch in the video, but it's 46!

Sunnysky 2820 1100kv motor
Eolo 12x6.5 prop
Eolo 40amp ESC
3s 2200mah 35c battery recommended

OMPHobby Challenger - 46 inch Balsa Plug and Play Sporty Combat Trainer Airplane (6 min 32 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2020, 09:18 PM
Having more fun every day.
So you're advertising something that is not available. .

Tell me more.
Aug 13, 2020, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEFlyer
So you're advertising something that is not available. .

Tell me more.
First announcements usually come prior to release. Sorry. However ill see about getting pre-orders up as a lot are requesting those.
Aug 13, 2020, 09:30 PM
Having more fun every day.
It really looks like something I would like and I'm sad to say This is the first time I have seen your web page.
Aug 13, 2020, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEFlyer
It really looks like something I would like and I'm sad to say This is the first time I have seen your web page.
Don't be sad. It's why they hired me a few months ago 😉

OMP was bought by sunnysky in August 2019. So technically really early in the release phases. There's 3 planes coming out here very soon. All balsa, pnp or arf. A couple small helis. Everything has been really well received.

Buddy RC is like a sister company so I do all of the video releases on that channel just to keep it all under one roof so to say.

But that's why I try to get information out as I can. Help people learn the name and be watching for it 😉
Aug 14, 2020, 02:14 AM
DFS#000178
I'm actually much more interested in the Bighorn. It reminds me a lot of the long-discontinued Littlefoot. I love those 'almost-scale' high-wing 3D planes.
Aug 14, 2020, 07:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I'm actually much more interested in the Bighorn. It reminds me a lot of the long-discontinued Littlefoot. I love those 'almost-scale' high-wing 3D planes.
I think most people are excited for that one. With the flaps it's such a versatile airplane.
Oct 02, 2020, 12:36 PM
Looks very good! I’ve been hooked on balsa since I bought an extreme flight outlaw. I’ve been debating getting a Pantera or V1200, now this one will be on my list too. Balsa pnp or ARF without needing to cover it myself is something I like for sure.
Oct 02, 2020, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Williams
Don't be sad. It's why they hired me a few months ago 😉

OMP was bought by sunnysky in August 2019. So technically really early in the release phases. There's 3 planes coming out here very soon. All balsa, pnp or arf. A couple small helis. Everything has been really well received.

Buddy RC is like a sister company so I do all of the video releases on that channel just to keep it all under one roof so to say.

But that's why I try to get information out as I can. Help people learn the name and be watching for it 😉
What are the 3 balsa pnp/ARF planes coming out?
Oct 02, 2020, 12:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork
What are the 3 balsa pnp/ARF planes coming out?
Check out the site - everything just arrived and released. ohiomodelproducts.com
Oct 02, 2020, 01:43 PM
Very cool Sir. I'm leaning toward the Challenger but the Bighorn and Edge 540 look really good too.

For the Challenger, if I buy an ARF, what is the biggest diameter motor I could fit? What are the motor mount dimensions? If you don't mind, I'll still buy one and look myself. Thanks!
Oct 02, 2020, 04:11 PM
Rabid Rabbit
The Challenger needs more photos in the web site. Also specs would be nice. I’m enjoying the Bighorn. It gets a lot of looks at the field

Quick Reply