AJ Aircraft - Proteus 2 Composite Bi-plane

Check out AJ's Proteus bipe...

Splash

Proteus 2 Composite Bi-plane

From AJ

I wanted to share a new project that’s been in the works for a while now. Back in 2018 I designed The Proteus bipe 110 with this 2 meter version in mind. We started with the great foundation of the 110 size and then put what we learned from the 110 size in to this model. What we’ve come up with is a very good bipe in all weather conditions. The model rolls, tracks, and snaps just how I want with no compromise anywhere in flight characteristics. Not just designed for finals schedule where the prelims schedule can become more difficult. This model has really made me excited to go out and practice even in our uncertain times.

AJ aircraft and Marcelo Columbo worked together for many hours to create what I was looking for in my new biplane. AJ Aircraft will be selling these models, they are custom built so, when you order your model starts life. We will also be offering a building service that will be completed by myself. I will go from build the plane all the way through delivering a model and radio program for your specific model and be ready to go compete.

Pick your components, or supply the equipment and it will be installed just like I would in my personal aircraft.

• Wing Span - 1740 mm
  • Length - 1995 mm
  • Wing Area - 91 dm2
  • Net Weight - 2400 grams
  • Gross Weight - 4800-5000 grams
  • Electric Power - Available in either Mono Prop or Counter Rotating Prop
  • Radio - 8 channel Rx with 6 mini size servos (Aileron/Elevator) & 1 high torque servo (Rudder)

What's in the box

• Beautifully painted composite fuselage (fiberglass, carbon fiber & balsa construction)
  • Pair of one piece main wings (foam and balsa sheeting construction)
  • Removable stabs (built up balsa construction)
  • Carbon fiber stab tube
  • Aluminum stab adjusters
  • Carbon fiber main landing gear
  • Carbon fiber tail gear
  • Quick-release main wing struts
  • 82mm vented spinner included
  • Beveled surfaces ready for hinging
  • Anodized control horns
  • Ultra lightweight wheels
  • Heavy duty steel axles
  • Paint matched fiberglass wheel pants and cowl
  • Pre-run rudder pull-pull wires
  • High quality ball links & pushrods for all control surfaces
  • Extra hardware bag for spares
  • Velcro for battery restraint
  • Genuine Ultracote covering in 4 color scheme choices:
  • Competition (True Red HANU866, White HANU870, Midnight Blue HANU885, Cub Yellow HANU884, Black HANU874)

Learn More

Head over to AJ Aircraft for more info.

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Aug 12, 2020 at 11:45 PM..
Aug 12, 2020, 07:48 PM
Modeling Retread
Link only goes to picture of the plane.
Latest blog entry: Doofus Driven Repair
Aug 12, 2020, 11:45 PM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
Updated.
Aug 13, 2020, 11:38 AM
What!
No Cantilizers?
Aug 15, 2020, 08:14 PM