Aug 12, 2020, 06:19 AM
Thread OP
Question

LED Light Kit Questions - Traxxas Slash

So my daughter wants a light kit for her 2WD Traxxas Slash. Specifically a light bar. After watching a few videos it seems a lot of people use Apex Lights. So I started looking there and found these

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Produ...7226098&sr=8-1

They recommend this for installing in receiver to take body off. Can multiples be used to make it longer since it's in a pack of 5?

https://www.amazon.com/75mm-JR-Style...7230617&sr=8-3

So my question is for the receiver on the Slash. It has a rubber boot on top. I'm assuming the wire is fed through there? I'm also assuming if that is the case it makes it no longer waterproof.

Also the picture attached is my receiver. Why is there two CH1? If I plug the light in can I only use CH3 or can I use the other CH1?

Thanks for any advice
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2020, 01:45 PM
No school like the old school
It has two channel 1 slots for vehicles with dual steering servos. If you use the extra channel one slot, you will not be able to use any type of remote switching.

Channel 3 can be used with a remote switching device. If need be, splitters can be used.

Just be sure not to overload your bec. If your bec isn't up to the task, an external may be required.
Aug 12, 2020, 02:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced coupe
It has two channel 1 slots for vehicles with dual steering servos. If you use the extra channel one slot, you will not be able to use any type of remote switching.
Forgive me. This is all new to me. What is that do?

Quote:
Channel 3 can be used with a remote switching device. If need be, splitters can be used.

Just be sure not to overload your bec. If your bec isn't up to the task, an external may be required.
Aug 12, 2020, 04:11 PM
No school like the old school
The bec?

That is the "battery eliminator circuit". Typically, some power from the main battery is routed from the esc to power the receiver, servos, and anything else. But they are limited as to how much current they can supply.

Alternatively, an external bec can be wired in to supply more current. Depending on what you want to do with it, there are a couple ways to wire them. The power can be routed through the receiver to power everything (have to bypass the regulator bec) or directly to a device with high current demands with a adapter harness.
Aug 14, 2020, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced coupe
The bec?

That is the "battery eliminator circuit". Typically, some power from the main battery is routed from the esc to power the receiver, servos, and anything else. But they are limited as to how much current they can supply.

Alternatively, an external bec can be wired in to supply more current. Depending on what you want to do with it, there are a couple ways to wire them. The power can be routed through the receiver to power everything (have to bypass the regulator bec) or directly to a device with high current demands with a adapter harness.
I somehow missed this reply. Thank you

I did find the RPM bumper with the canister lights. Apex sells a set for those lights. About $35 total and will be on the front bumper instead of on top.

Quick Reply