Aug 07, 2020, 12:45 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
New Product

Freewing Mig-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm

ATTENTION THOSE IN THE FIRST PRE-ORDER!!!

MiG-29 Fulcrum Digital Camo Twin 80mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31611P

Freewing first established the Twin 80mm class of EDF jets with its popular F-14 Tomcat and then the A-10 Warthog, and now we are proud to announce the Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum! Represented in 1/9 scale, this large aircraft is 1878mm (74”) long with a 1257mm (50”) wingspan, powered by dual inrunner 80mm EDF power systems. The Mikoyan MiG-29 first entered service in 1981 and continues flying in the air forces of 26 countries in 2020.

Computer designed and hand crafted, each Freewing MiG-29 represents the highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF jet. Constructed from EPO foam, carbon, wood, aluminum, and other materials, the Freewing MiG-29 is optimized for high performance and superb scale handling. Its wide 50” wingspan and lifting body design provides gentle flight characteristics and excellent directional stability. Large flaps and suspension landing gear give pilots confident operation on grass airfields. An accurate overall outline, scale ordnance on removable pylons, and articulating landing gear doors enhance the model’s scale fidelity. Twist-and-Turn main retracts provide improved aerodynamics, and screw-together assembly gets modelers into the air quickly!

The Freewing MiG-29’s uses our popular 80mm Inrunner power system that is proven across thousands of Freewing jets worldwide. Rapid acceleration, enhanced acrobatic envelope, and efficient energy consumption are key features of the Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum. With high quality flight batteries, the MiG-29 can achieve airspeeds approaching 120mph/193kph in level flight!

To further set itself apart in your favorite EDF fleet, the Freewing MiG-29 arrives with a stunning five tone "Digital Thunder" camouflage livery in service with the Slovak Air Force.

Bold, Eye-Catching Scheme

Set yourself apart from the crowd with this meticulously factory-finished Digital Camo livery, which makes an ideal counterpart to the Fractal Camo and Splinter Camo available on the Freewing 70mm Su-35.

Impressive Size

At nearly 75 inches in length, the MiG-29 boasts an impressive presence and size! Its 1/9 scale is similar to our Freewing L-39 Albatos, T-33 Shooting Star, MiG-21 Fishbed, and others., making the MiG-29 a perfect flight line companion... or opponent!

Loads of Power

Pre-upgraded out of the box by popular customer request, the MiG-29's twin 3658-1920kV brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans can propel this large 1/9 scale model to speeds approaching 120mph, yet also have the thrust and efficiency to deliver confident acceleration out of slow speed maneuvers. This "fan-favorite" 80mm Inrunner power system is beloved in customers' other Freewing jets including the popular T-33 Shooting Star, L-39 Albatros, Avanti S, A-6 Intruder, and Mirage 2000.

Grass Ops

Suspension landing gear give pilots confident operation on grass airfields with just the right amount of scale detail and practical RC durability. All-New, oversized retracts and suspension struts absorb punishment without fuss.

Twist-and-Turn Main Retracts

Twist-and-Turn main retracts and servo-driven gear doors conceal the main wheels inside the wing roots for improved aerodynamics, delivering a unique advantage compared to several other twin EDF jets in the marketplace.

Scale Ordnance on Removable Pylons

The MiG-29's Archer missile was a deadly threat to opponents in close-in dogfights. A complete scale ordnance package and removable pylons is included with every Freewing MiG-29.

FEATURES:

1/9 scale with 74" length and 50" wingspan
"Fan-favorite" power system using two 3658-1920kV brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans propel the model to 120mph
Highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF jet
Optimized for high performance and superb scale handling
Lifting body design provides gentle flight characteristics
Large flaps and suspension landing gear give pilots confident operation on grass airfields
An accurate overall outline, scale ordnance on removable pylons, and articulating landing gear doors enhance the model’s scale fidelity
Twist-and-Turn main retracts provide improved aerodynamics, and screw-together assembly gets modelers into the air quickly
All-New retract units, oversized for durability on grass runways

DIMENSIONS:

Last edited by crxmanpat; Sep 11, 2020 at 09:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2020, 01:06 PM
This is truly a Majestic bird!!!
ARF+: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-arp
PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...m=notification
Last edited by edwen303; Aug 07, 2020 at 01:16 PM.
Aug 07, 2020, 01:09 PM
DW Productions
Gotta have it. Thrust vectoring too.
Aug 07, 2020, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
Gotta have it. Thrust vectoring too.
As an option.... sometime down the road.
Aug 07, 2020, 01:15 PM
50" wingspan and 60"? length is a little too big for most cars. v stabs and h stabs are removable. If wings are using some quick connector for easy removal, this bird would sells like hot cake.
Aug 07, 2020, 01:17 PM

Oh boys...
Now I have to make a choice.
Buy a truck to carry this big FW 80mm Mig 29. :-(
or just buy the car size ARROWS 64mm Mig 29.... :-)

Aug 07, 2020, 01:26 PM
UMX 3S OG
I'm all in on this one!
Aug 07, 2020, 01:29 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
50" wingspan and 60"? length is a little too big for most cars. v stabs and h stabs are removable. If wings are using some quick connector for easy removal, this bird would sells like hot cake.
Wings are just like other recent models. Two screws and a quick connector ribbon on each side.

Pat
Aug 07, 2020, 01:31 PM
As comparison, Blackhorse Mig-29 at 1:8 scale http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?product=mig-29
Last edited by edwen303; Aug 09, 2020 at 08:39 PM.
Aug 07, 2020, 01:50 PM
Ordered one ....
Aug 07, 2020, 02:31 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
I've read through the manual, and it looks like about a 1 hour build. All I plan to do to mine is add panel lines and then a few coats of clear dull to protect the finish.

Pat
Aug 07, 2020, 02:33 PM
Amazing plane, and a smaller price tag than I'd anticipated.

I'm a big fan of what Freewing/MotionRC have done for this hobby. This is an impressive feat, making a plane this size with quality parts and a solid power system, with the later option of thrust vectoring. I can't wait for user videos. It's definitely a good time to have this as a hobby.
Aug 07, 2020, 02:36 PM
BVM & JR/DFA Rep
Very nice! This is going to be a great flying airplane!
Aug 07, 2020, 02:47 PM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

Oh boys...
Now I have to make a choice.
Buy a truck to carry this big FW 80mm Mig 29. :-(
or just buy the car size ARROWS 64mm Mig 29.... :-)

Buy my lil Mig.... I am gonna be selling in the next couple weeks...
Aug 07, 2020, 02:48 PM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
I haven't been this excited for an EDF in a few years!! This is really awesome for sure!! Can not wait!

Quick Reply