Aug 06, 2020, 03:08 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Frame 3" for caddx vista hd

Hi, I am looking for a 3" frame (for freestyle) to install a vista system which is not too tight... Any idea and experience with gecko, tadpole, dc3, others ?
Thanks for your hints.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2020, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie666
Hi, I am looking for a 3" frame (for freestyle) to install a vista system which is not too tight... Any idea and experience with gecko, tadpole, dc3, others ?
Thanks for your hints.
I've got a dual-stack, lightweight hybrid (can run either 3" up front & back OR 3" front & 4" back) frame kit which accepts the Vista nicely.
Complete description (including pics, and design/features video) is here:
https://tmacfpv.com/fpv-pilots-den/
Aug 06, 2020, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Thanks for your hints.
Gecko will fit the Vista system easily and fly well. DC3 is designed more for the bulky Dji Air Unit so it has plenty of room for the Vista unit. Forget about Tadpole with Caddx Vista unless you want to do a lot of mod as it is designed for 16x16 mm stack or AIO Whoop board.

Acrobat Duo will fit the Vista easily as it can take multiple 20x20mm stacks.
Last edited by jasperfpv; Aug 06, 2020 at 08:03 PM.
Aug 07, 2020, 05:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacFPV
I've got a dual-stack, lightweight hybrid (can run either 3" up front & back OR 3" front & 4" back) frame kit which accepts the Vista nicely.
Complete description (including pics, and design/features video) is here:
https://tmacfpv.com/fpv-pilots-den/

thx, can u mount the lipo on top?
Aug 07, 2020, 05:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
Acrobat Duo will fit the Vista easily as it can take multiple 20x20mm stacks.
thx, does it fly well? the conception (side plates) looks strange to me, isn't it a pain in the b...? thx
Aug 07, 2020, 06:46 AM
Quote:
thx, does it fly well? the conception (side plates) looks strange to me, isn't it a pain in the b...? thx
I fly the older version of Acrobrat with analog ( Caddx Tarsier) and it is heavy for 3 inch. It is a bit underpowered for my freestyle need so I don't fly it that much these days.
Aug 07, 2020, 07:17 AM
Quote:
thx, can u mount the lipo on top?
yes, nothing stopping you from doing so. Top plate = 2mm
Aug 10, 2020, 11:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
I fly the older version of Acrobrat with analog ( Caddx Tarsier) and it is heavy for 3 inch. It is a bit underpowered for my freestyle need so I don't fly it that much these days.
thx, very helpfull

Quick Reply