This thread is privately moderated by Fourdan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 05, 2020, 07:44 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Scorpion Calc

I started Scorpion Calc kernel in 2002
Now, in 2020, it is time to present some "insides" like a bonus.
First chapter about the permanent magnets brushless motors (PM-BLDC)
In 1997, I started to participate to "miniature RC solar cars" challenges with small DC brushed motors (Portescap + integrated gear-box)
In 1998, I started a first calculator (under Visual Basic) to find the optimum gear-box ratio, taking into account the resistive torque.
I won (easily) the challenges up to 1999, when suddenly, in 2000 a competitor beated me in max velocity !
I asked him to show me the "under body": he was using a small brushless Astroflight motor (+ gear box) but had some difficulty to start from stop!
After some readings, I decided to try also that solution (BLDC) in direct drive.
Rapidly I found that a low Kv was mandatory and began to wind some small BLDC coming from PC CD-ROM
I was learning about neodyme magnets to replace the ferrite original poles
and about the number of turns acting on the Kv (rpm/V)
Latest blog entry: Scorpion Calc
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply