Aug 03, 2020, 04:45 PM
artest7
Thread OP
Discussion

New member-When is a Pushrod thick enough?

Hello,
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask but, I wasn't sure where I should be posting/asking the following question. Thanks from this newbie, Art with my 2nd RC plane (1st being the UMX Radian and 2nd PArkzone Radian (the old one)).
Other than needing pushrods, this 2M glider/sailplane came to me practically new! So, in the attempt to replace/add it's pushrod system, I bought part # PKZ4722, ParkZone Radian Pushrod w/Clevis (2) and found them to be too thick to fit through the plastic tubing.

3 Question(s) please: Since these pushrods are thicker and more stiff, do I even need the plastic tubing? When is a pushrod thick enough to eliminate the need for plastic tubing (being used to take out slop)?
And 3 (unrelated), if need be...if I were to add a brass coupler/sleeve <see below>to a pushrod in order to attach one of those screw on kwik-link type of clevis's(clevi), would I use glue or solder?

http://sullivanproducts.com/product/...very-flexible/

I'd appreciate any help I can get from u pros out there!! : )
Art
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2020, 03:24 AM
Entropy is happening!
Art,

The question is a bit too general for me, not knowing the aircraft.
There are threads on that glider, I am fairly sure.
Do a search and ask over there, might yield better answers.
Aug 07, 2020, 03:45 PM
artest7
Thread OP

artest7

I appreciate your response!
The question(s) are in reference to the Parkzone Radian RTF (the older one not the Pro). Although, I tried using (.032) carbon fiber as pushrods which needed the plastic tubing which are already installed in the Pkz Radian. Only problem NOW was that trying to join the plastic Kwik-link clevis's to them was a real pain since they (clevis) are the screw in type which are adjustable. So, Id'd need to find some kind of .032 threaded coupler.
Then....how would i join that coupler to the carbon fiber pushrod? CA? Gorilla? Foam Tac?

Frustrated now....
AE
Aug 07, 2020, 03:49 PM
artest7
Thread OP
I appreciate your response!
The question(s) are in reference to the Parkzone Radian RTF (the older one not the Pro). Although, I tried using (.032) carbon fiber as pushrods which needed the plastic tubing which are already installed in the Pkz Radian. Only problem NOW was that trying to join the plastic Kwik-link clevis's to them was a real pain since they (clevis) are the screw in type which are adjustable. So, Id'd need to find some kind of .032 threaded coupler.
Then....how would i join that coupler to the carbon fiber pushrod? CA? Gorilla? Foam Tac?

Frustrated now....
AE
Aug 07, 2020, 05:11 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by artest7
Frustrated now....
AE
Take heart, solutions are at hand.
The end of carbon rods are best terminated using a threaded end coupler. I machine my own up for larger 3 mm pushrods, but buy the smaller 2 mm rod ones from China.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/threaded...en_us_products

To glue to carbon rod, first degrease with alcohol or acetone, scuff up lightly with sandpaper. Then use CA glue.

Jim.
Aug 07, 2020, 09:05 PM
rrg
rrg
PKZ5422 is the pushrod you need. If it were me, I would back up and get the parts that are supposed to fit....
Aug 07, 2020, 09:57 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg
PKZ5422 is the pushrod you need. If it were me, I would back up and get the parts that are supposed to fit....
That is good.
However, he might want to know where to get them. Can you provide a link?
Aug 08, 2020, 09:48 AM
rrg
rrg
O yea, Horizon Hobby...

Quick Reply