Aug 03, 2020, 02:39 PM
Cool beans!
Thread OP
Cool

NEAT Week events at the Big Top!!!

Hi everyone!

Wow, it's hard to believe but as I look at the calendar NEAT Week starts in just six weeks! Where has the summer gone?

Anywho, I wanted to let everyone know that the JCSF Big Top will be back for 2020, and that we'll be hosting our regular schedule of events during the week, abet with some updates where needed to keep everyone safe. However please be assured that the fun will not be restricted

- On Wednesday 9/16 at 3pm we'll be hosting our Radian Games races outside of our tent. UMX Radians and Micro Calipsos are welcome to compete - stock models only
> We will set up the Pilots stations to give everyone a safe distance, however I will ask that pilots and their spotters/lap counters wear masks since they'll essentially be next to each other. I think it might be difficult for pilots to hear their spotters if they were six feet away so having masks seems to be the best compromise.

- On Thursday night 9/17 starting at 8pm we'll have our traditional Vapor Games contest in the Big Top. Vapors and similar small one-cell airplanes that can fly within the tent are welcome to compete. We'll once again limit the pilot count, but we'll see if that's a factor this year.
> Unfortunately we will need to keep spectators outside of the tent this year, as everyone will recall we typically pack things in pretty tight for this event. That naturally isn't an option this year, so the plan is to have the guys running the contest and the competing pilot in the tent, and the spectators and other pilots outside the entrance. We'll see if we can open the sides up more this year to give everyone a better view of the competition.

- On Friday night 9/18 we'll have our Mass Chinese Lantern Launch. Please come down to the Big Top around 9pm with a lighter (preferably) and your mask (please don't forget). This is always a lot of fun and an absolute blast to watch, although I suspect the folks in the North end get a better view

I'll have sign-up sheets for both contests out the morning of the event so that pilots can register early and ask any questions that they might have.

There's always something going on down at the Big Top and the south end in general. At the very least be sure to stop by and say hi!

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2020, 12:30 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Can't wait! Sounds like we're in for some much needed fun.

Quick Reply