Apr 08, 2002, 06:34 PM
It wasn't me...
Thread OP

Best in the West - 2002

Best in the West - 2002
MCAS El Toro Model Air Park
Irvine, California
April 12-14, 2002

AMA Required, Turbine Waiver Required (if applicable), Radio/Frequency Impound, Concessions Stand, General Raffle, Special Drawing for CRCJA Members.

Flight times:
Friday April 12th–8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday April 13th–8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday April 14th–8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Facilities:
80 X 800 paved Runway with plenty of run off. The field is at an old airport so there is a lot of concrete to land on for emergencies. Bring your pop-ups.

Trophies:
Best Electric, Best ducted Fan, Best Turbine, Best Scale Flight, Best Finish and Markings, Peoples Choice, Most Spectacular Flight, Contest Directors Award.

$30 or $20 with CRCJA Membership.
SORRY, NO PRE-REGISTRATION THIS YEAR!

Contest Director:
Mike Sieniarecki
Day (858) 748-6948 ex.315
Eve. (619) 504-3715
mikes@hitecrcd.com
Hitec RCD USA, Inc.
12115 Paine St.
Poway, CA 92064

Updated map available at: http://scalesquadron.tripod.com/map.htm
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2002, 06:35 PM
It wasn't me...
Thread OP

Re: Best in the West - 2002

I've corresponded with Mike Sieniarecki and he's said that there will be a place where we can set up our bungees and pedal launchers.

Who's planning to attend?

Daren and I will be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Dan
Apr 08, 2002, 07:49 PM
Lithium Member

Best in Irvine

I might come on saturday, I am teaching fridays. Look forward to the Most Spectacular Crash contest .
Apr 08, 2002, 11:44 PM
Purple power
sat,
Dan: is there any single day pricing? or is the same regardless of how many days you attend............gregg
Apr 09, 2002, 02:01 AM
I'll fly anything...
I'll be there Sunday.

Can you guess what I'll be bringing?
Apr 09, 2002, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gregg f
sat,
Dan: is there any single day pricing? or is the same regardless of how many days you attend............gregg
Hi Gregg,
I believe it's one price all weekend; 1 day or 3 days, same price. $2 parking for spectators.

Daren
Apr 09, 2002, 03:04 AM
high-speed freak
so... if I'm not going to fly, (the closest thing I have to a jet is an 18" biplane with an AF 010 in it ) do I need proof of ama? is it $2 to watch, or $30? my dad will probably wet his pants to find out there's an rc jet show in CA coming up... any info historically what's there, edf, glow, turbine, etc?
Apr 09, 2002, 03:15 AM
It wasn't me...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by gregg f
sat,
Dan: is there any single day pricing? or is the same regardless of how many days you attend.
That's another reason why we're attending saturday and sunday. To get our money's worth.

Herb, see you on Saturday. We'll save you a spot. I'm looking forward to seeing your air wing fly again.

Allen, see you on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing the Gray Ghost fly.

Daren, thanks for the info about the parking fee.

Dan
Apr 09, 2002, 03:20 AM
It wasn't me...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by opualuan
so... if I'm not going to fly, (the closest thing I have to a jet is an 18" biplane with an AF 010 in it ) do I need proof of ama? is it $2 to watch, or $30? my dad will probably wet his pants to find out there's an rc jet show in CA coming up... any info historically what's there, edf, glow, turbine, etc?
$30 and AMA is only required of pilots. Spectators just need to bring their $2.

I haven't been to the BitW in several years, but if it's anything like LA Jets, then expect to see a whole bunch of turbines (mostly Hot Spots) a few glow ducted fans and some EDFs.

Dan
Apr 12, 2002, 08:22 PM
OK so who else is going to El Toro this weekend? Ill be down on Sunday only but I wont be flying anything, my Wattage F-22 EDF conversion glitched and got tore up pretty bad two weeks ago and my K&A Mig 15 isn't ready. It will be ready for the Dixie Jet Rally in St. George Utah (about 90 min north of Las Vegas).

I hope to see the YF-23 fly, that would be cool, hopefully the bugs will be worked out by then. I'm looking forward to see the Savage Bros. fleet fly also, and Gregg F's K&A Mig 15 (man I wish mine was done). Herb's Mig 29 will be a nice addition.
Apr 12, 2002, 09:17 PM
Purple power
Ed: i'll only be there Sat............gregg
Apr 12, 2002, 09:27 PM
Have fun.

Be sure to do a good preflight(s) and don't forget pictures and videos
Apr 12, 2002, 10:23 PM
It wasn't me...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Cox
Have fun.

Be sure to do a good preflight(s) and don't forget pictures and videos
Roger, wilco.

Dan
Apr 13, 2002, 01:20 AM
I'll be there guys.. can't wait to see whats going to be there.

david
Apr 13, 2002, 02:37 AM
It wasn't me...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by dizza
I'll be there guys.. can't wait to see whats going to be there.
We'll save you a spot.

Dan

Quick Reply