Jul 26, 2020, 03:36 PM
Thread OP

Great first visit and flights today

This morning was my first visit to FAW as a new member and my first time flying. It was a great experience thanks to Richard and Lance who did the maiden flight and handed off to me to practice. I also met George. I learned a lot, especially about batteries and how to properly secure them with velcro :-).

Thanks guys! I look forward to seeing you out there soon and meeting others.

Dave Ogden
503-705-6136
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2020, 07:37 PM
Welcome to Fly-A-Ways, Dave!

Congrats on the successful first day!

Dennis
Aug 03, 2020, 04:36 PM
I want to fly everything!
It's been a great experience for me watching the progress you made and the great solo flights on Saturday. It really made my day.

I think the reason it's so fun to help a new pilot is that we all remember (painfully) how difficult and overwhelming this hobby can be at first. When a new pilot is successful we all share in it and re-live those early days and how exciting it was.
Aug 04, 2020, 10:59 AM

Welcome Dave!

Welcome to the club Dave! I joined about 5 years ago and had a similar, welcoming experience. FaW is a special community and we enjoy some good times geeking out with all things aviation. I'm looking forward to seeing you out at the field! Tristan

Quick Reply