This thread is privately moderated by Riptide_91755, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2020, 12:40 AM
Trader Rating: 6
Thread OP
$1,300.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale

84" Navy Gun Boat (USS Canon) 1/23 Scale

OK, here is a picture taken an AMA Show at the Pomona Fairplex, CA last year. The USS Canon is FULLY functioning! It uses a Futaba 4 ch. dual stick to operate all the hardware. I have constructed a new 1" PVC boat stand and replaced the old 3/4" stand.

This is a solid fiberglass hull and was scratch built!!! It uses (2X) 12V electric high torque motors pushing this boat with no problem. I put a penny on the motor when I took this photo to show how big the motors are. This boat also comes with 1/1 scale plans and history documents. The ship can cruise up to 18 mph, however I only use about 45% of the power when cruising. The USS Canon turns on a dime! As you can see in one of the photos below, how much the rudder turns. Yes, this ship can out run my yacht! If there is trouble on the horizon, I "drop the hammer" and get out of trouble! With the recent inclement weather, it does WELL in windy and choppy waters! I can run about 2.5 hours on a single charge. The ship has NO leaks when I run it! The ship uses (2x) small motorcycle batteries. The pictures were taken at Yorba Linda Regional Park, Yorba Linda, CA. The last (2) photos are actual 1/1 full scale photos for reference. The motor, radio, drive and struts were installed by Gene Sauter [President of Maritime Modelers], one of the best boat builders in Southern California...

Here is a link and history on the USS Canon,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Canon_(PG-90)

Unfortunately, I hate to part with this lovely ship. It is a little burdensome to transport the ship in my Toyota 4Runner. I have to load the ship diagonally into the 4Runner with all the seats popped down. This large ship takes up all the space in my truck, and there is no space wasted! I mostly take out my 57" flybridge around the lakes here in Southern California.

I will work with serious potential buyers and if they need time, I can also work with them. No hurries! This beauty is not going anywhere. Because the size of the ship, I cannot risk shipping this. This ship is only for local pick-up only. For any veterans, I can work with you a little bit more. For the size, detailing and work going into the ship, a lots of money went into it. The boat stand came with the boat a while back. I just build a more sturdier boat stand so it will sit lower and will not rock as you can see in the photos. I built a 1" PVC stand and tossed out the 3/4" PVC stand out. The ship has NEVER been or ran in saltwater.

If you need additional photos on the 1/1 scale on the plans of the model boat and history documents, I can send it to you upon request. I also have the (2) black large antennae's as well. I do enjoy taking it out and cruising around the lake catching people's attention!!! If you have another price in mind, please PM me and tell me what you think is reasonable and maybe I can work with you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Again, thank you for taking moment to read my ad.
Last edited by Riptide_91755; Jul 26, 2020 at 01:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply